Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows Me Problem

before you reinstall try this, download the winme bootdisk from the site in Smurfette's post, boot your pc from the disc and when you get to the command prompt (A:\ ) type this C:\scanreg /restore and it should give a list of dates when the pc booted, choose a date that you know the pc was working. let it do its thing then reboot normally. If that doesnt work boot again from the bootdisk and when you get to the command prompt type C:\scanreg /fix and it should then rebuild the registry for you. note that you need to put a space between scanreg and /fix or /restore. Another thing you could do start the pc and just after the initial bios screen but before the windows screen hit the control key and a boot menu will come up, choose safe mode, let it boot, ignore the system restore option (never had good results with it in me ) then click start>programs>accessories>system tools>scandisc. tick the box where it says to automatically fix errors and start. when it has finished reboot normally. if none of the above sort it then i think it will a case of re-installing windows

edit... if it says bad file name when you try scanreg you may have to type this first at command prompt.. c:\cd windows and enter and then type scanreg /fix or /restore

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    thanks i give it a shot but i think the moderator said this moved cause its in the wrong place, ehh

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    I had this problem before with my old ME comp, when I pressed alt+ctrl+delete it said like 'msgsrv32 [not responding]', so I just reinstalled Windows and that helped.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    how do you reinstall windows and no i dont have a windows me disk/floopy,? please help

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I got DeeSwift (Ninjastyle on the forums) to send me a copy of Windows XP Pro SP1 and it work GREAT! I love him for it lol. But I duno what I will do when the new windows comes out...cuz I have no clue how to make a CD with an O/S on it..or like .bin or w/e the hell that shit is.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    tell him to send me one to!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    he has an old compaq pc with 62mb of ram xp will not be a happy bunny on his system, ask around your friends or ask your family to ask people at work etc if someone has a copy of winme or 98 you can borrow, someone is bound to have a disc floating around somewhere, boot with the start disc and select "start my computer with cdrom support" and then type E:\setup

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    i already ask somebody and they dont have window me ver.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    where abouts in the world do you live? I can send you a winme disc by post, even if its airmail it wont cost me more than 50p! PM me though dont post it here!.

*and this isnt an open invitation to all! *

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Poster
    Cabs files are already on the machine and should be at :-
    C:\Windows\Options\Install
    I have told you once go get a bootdisc from http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

Put the thing in and when you get to the A:\> type C: then press enter at C:\

C:>\cd\Windows\Options\Install then press enter
    C:\>Windows\Options\Install now type setup press enter and away you go.
    Just one more thing DO you have your key code ?
    If not your back to square one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123