Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Unhappily...

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by PhR@13 December 2003 - 17:15
    http://www.pelosanimais.com/fileadmi...ree_me_go.html
    @Hobbes: ^, No one, well at least not me, would disagree that the treatment of animals in some parts of the world, possibly even more close to home than we'd like to admit, is outright despicable.

What some people reacted to, was, however, not this fact, but the way it was said in that flash, it was stupid and sentimental, not to mention illogical.

Had he or she started with a rational argument, and explained why this is wrong, rather than this cheesy, crappy thing, I'm sure the tread wouldn't have been hi-jacked.

If you'd like to start a thread on the subject, in world events, I promise to not hi-jack the thread, and furthermore, I may very well support your point of view.

If any of this makes no sense, it's probably because I'm feeling a wee bit under the weather, so pardon, if so.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    That is a valid point Snny. Sometimes how you say something rubs people so wrong that it over-rides the actual merit of your point.

I only watched the first few images and knew that I would not be able to stomach the whole video and clicked it off, so I didn't appreciate the abuse of sentimentality.

I should have appreciated that people were responding to this aspect of the thread and not the content.

My bad, apologies all around.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    arghhhh attack of the cows !!
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345