Thread: Can I Backup Kazaa !

hi, having problems with my pc and looks like i'm going to have to format my hardrive does anybody know if its possible to backup what your downloading in the shared folder and put it back once a format has been done therefore still being able to continue with your outstanding downloads !!!!! thanks for any help in advance !!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    yes

back up the *.dat files you wish to keep

remember not to change the names at all and remember to put them back into the same folder (e.g. back into c:\my shared folder (or whatever)) and all will go well
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    muchspl2
    don&#39;t forget about your bookmarks, thats the one thing I hate

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks for help, but still not sure about the whole thing do i just burn the dat files onto cd ( the long numbered files in my shared folder ?) then put them back into kazaa once ive re-installed it after formatting ? will it still be able to recognise the files etc. ????

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by rick 21+18 December 2003 - 06:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rick 21 &#064; 18 December 2003 - 06:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Thanks for help, but still not sure about the whole thing do i just burn the dat files onto cd ( the long numbered files in my shared folder ?) then put them back into kazaa once ive re-installed it after formatting ? will it&nbsp; still be able to recognise the files etc. ???? [/b]

Yes back the exact file ("the long numbered files") up on cd, when you put it back into your shared folder don&#39;t forget to change it from read only to archive.

Peace

Edit: <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2
    @13 December 2003 - 16:30
    don&#39;t forget about your bookmarks, thats the one thing I hate[/quote]
    Me too

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    ... and as Muchspl2 said, "Make sure you backup your &#39;Favorites&#39; Folder too&#33;"