Thread: Unity

People what are we going do stick to K++ 2.4.3 altogether and form our own subnet or are a great many of us going go to KLR 2.60 thereby shutting of all those of us who don't read this forum and won't know what's been going on and will eventually give up K++ altogether?

I'm willing to stick to 243 and make my computer a permanent supernode (it's a supernode most of the time anyway)

We need to make a choice, because I do welcome the 2.60 hacks maybe all that it will acomplish is to divide the k++ community....

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Am I missing something? What 2.6 hacks? Newest thing I'd seen was that 243 update from agent smith.

(My computer also is on forced supernode, left running most of the day.)

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    (...)and form our own subnet(...)
    Won't work. Number of K-Lite users is too low.

(...)a great many of us going go to KLR 2.60 thereby shutting of all those of us who don't read this forum(...)
    All wars have theirs losses. Besides that eventualy they'll find new versions.

(...)will eventually give up K++ altogether?(...)
    Don't think so.

We need to make a choice(...)
    Has already been made. People are working on a lite version of KMD 2.6.

(...)to divide the k++ community....
    Noone can make someone to "stick" to a P2P program and/or Network. People will do what they think is right for them.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by doognevets@14 December 2003 - 01:12
    Am I missing something? What 2.6 hacks? Newest thing I'd seen was that 243 update from agent smith. (...)
    Diet Kazaa for KMD 2.6. Not something like Kazaa Lite 2.6...and i wish it would be..

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by doognevets@13 December 2003 - 23:12
    Am I missing something? What 2.6 hacks? Newest thing I'd seen was that 243 update from agent smith.

(My computer also is on forced supernode, left running most of the day.)
    Go in the Development section of this forum, and you will see a clean KMD 2.6 which some members (eg Agent Smith and Kunal) have made.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Time, give it time. Some clever mind will come up with something.

For now Im ok with lite. Be a supernode to help the network until something else comes up

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Do I understand this properly?

K-lite was built on an older version of Kazaa
    Since K-lite was attacked and is under threat of being removed from the Sharman networks the developers have rightly moved toward a newer version of Kazaa.

Well then, what is the big problem? The knowledge that went into k-lite is still around right? They can keep trying to divide the p2p community but we have shown again and again that we do not fall apart so easily. We are still here and have shown that we will not go down.

What's in a name anyway?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Thanks for help sparkle.