Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ritalin

Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    Originally posted by hobbes+14 December 2003 - 15:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 14 December 2003 - 15:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ozbabe@14 December 2003 - 09:04
    You don&#39;t need meds to control ADD or ADHD,

you just need to have parents who are prepared to do the work,

believe me its not easy, but it works...&nbsp;
    No true ADD is a chemical problem, just like schizophrenia, hyperlipidemia or hypretension.

No number of group hugs can control the problem. [/b][/quote]
    you&#39;re only right about it being a chemical problem Hobbes,

and yes, you can&#39;t hug your way out of it..

but i have a daughter who was diagnosed as having it,

they wanted to put her on meds, I asked what other treatment was available
    and i was told extensive behaviour therapy which would take a lot of patience and time,

my daughter has never had one tablet but but its taken a complete family effort (grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles... ) and we have it totally under control..

never said it was easy... because it isnt... most kids with ADD or ADHD grow out of it by the time they are 17... did you know too that it&#39;s actually hereditary?...

2. Lounge   -   #32
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by callum+14 December 2003 - 02:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (callum @ 14 December 2003 - 02:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mik3ll@14 December 2003 - 00:20
    I have ADD
    Pay attention BB [/b][/quote]
    Add is to do with arithmetic. What is meant is:Attention Deficit Disorder..but normally it is referred to as ADHD, meaning
    Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.....

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Yes, as is autism.

Some of these conditions appear particularly in very intelligent families. The problem is not about intelligence/stupidity, but rather something else.

It is quite like the expression that there is a thin line between genious and insanity.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. Lounge   -   #34
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by nigel123@14 December 2003 - 03:21
    Add is to do with arithmetic. What is meant is:Attention Deficit Disorder..but normally it is referred to as ADHD, meaning
    Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.....
    yea it pisses me off everyone leaves off the H

adhd DAMNIT

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Originally posted by muchspl2@14 December 2003 - 08:24

yea it pisses me off everyone leaves off the H&nbsp; &nbsp;

adhd DAMNIT
    why? i dont get it....

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    ADD and ADHD are a bunch of bullshit. The only reason it exists is so those fat greedy motherfuckers at the pharmaceutical companies can make a ton of money off it. The people who have it are either misdiagnosed or just different. Not everyone can sit still or have alot of concentration. We are all different and not everyone can handle being in those piece of shit American schools where school officials want to charge first graders with sexual harassment.

Parents and teachers are lazy fucks who want a quick fix. They don&#39;t want to deal with anything so they pump those kids full of drugs so they shut up. Even though Ritalin(or any behavior modification drug) can make the problem worse or cause a bunch of horrable side effects that are worse then the original problem.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Originally posted by Arm@14 December 2003 - 09:34
    ADD and ADHD are a bunch of bullshit. The only reason it exists is so those fat greedy motherfuckers at the pharmaceutical companies can make a ton of money off it. The people who have it are either misdiagnosed or just different. Not everyone can sit still or have alot of concentration. We are all different and not everyone can handle being in those piece of shit American schools where school officials want to charge first graders with sexual harassment.

Parents and teachers are lazy fucks who want a quick fix. They don&#39;t want to deal with anything so they pump those kids full of drugs so they shut up. Even though Ritalin(or any behavior modification drug) can make the problem worse or cause a bunch of horrable side effects that are worse then the original problem.
    Thanks for your idiocy, STFU retard. That was special, especially uneducated.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    Originally posted by hobbes@14 December 2003 - 15:22
    Yes, as is autism.

Some of these conditions appear particularly in very intelligent families. The problem is not about intelligence/stupidity, but rather something else.

It is quite like the expression that there is a thin line between genious and insanity.
    You&#39;re very right there hobbes...

I personally think its too easy for doc&#39;s to prescribe medication,
    parents need to ask for alternatives because they are available..

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Originally posted by hobbes+14 December 2003 - 08:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 14 December 2003 - 08:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arm@14 December 2003 - 09:34

Thanks for your idiocy, STFU retard. [/b][/quote]
    explain why he is a retard pls.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Because the drug has worked for over 20 years.

He voices nothing other than his opinion. If treatment makes the problem worse, it is discontinued. Nobody is forcefeed ritalin because a teacher wants it.

I deal in results, not the emotive responsive of a cornholer.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast