Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clocker? Vb123? Anybody? Help?

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    So you say that it boots up fine without the drive connected?
    And doesn't as soon as it is?

Is the drive set to Master, Slave or Cable Select?

Have you tried with another IDE cable and be sure that pin #1 is connected to the same side as the stripe on the cable. Check it at both ends.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    the gfx is set to pci, and i have no clue how to set the mouse and keyboard thing...

maybe i could try not pluggin in keyboard and mouse and reboot?

reason i want answer first becuz i dont feel like taking out my current hdd every single suggestion somebody suggest just to installed it back in a say "nope it didnt work"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    yeh most ribbon cables do go in only one way, I only asked because some cables dont have the locating nibs on them making it possible to put the cable in either way, if they are that type of cable just red stripe to pin1 on drive or swapping it round is the answer obviously as to it not booting because its setup for your old machine, you may get issues when you DO get it to boot but its not even getting to the bios screen with it installed so it hasnt even accessed the drive yet so i wouldnt worry bout setting up yet you just need to worry bout getting the darn thing to boot the only reasons i can think of that it wont boot at all are:- cables round wrong way(covered ), faulty mouse/keyboard..but you usually get past bios with that fault, or something not correctly seated ie memory/pci cards etc, but if it memory or processor issues you will get beeps! or some boards have jumpers factory set to clear cmos and they need to set to boot( but you can get it to boot without drive so it aint that ) sorry couldnt be more help but i will do a little digging on your board etc

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    my ribbon cables only fit one way so its not that. i try disconnecting mouse and keyboard b4 start up and that didnt work. hdd is set to master.
    So you say that it boots up fine without the drive connected?
    And doesn't as soon as it is?
    if by boot, you mean the system power up then it boot even w/ the hdd installed, but if u mean boot like the bios come up, then no.

w/ the hdd installed, i press the power button, and the system power up, cpu running, hsf spinning, lights is well...lighting but nothing come up on the screen. took out hdd, and viola i have access to the bios.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    hold on, I am confused. You know why? It sounds to me like you are trying to install a hard drive with an OS on it from an entirely different system

That wont work...you need to reinstall Windows altogether.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by adamp2p@14 December 2003 - 06:11
    hold on, I am confused. You know why? It sounds to me like you are trying to install a hard drive with an OS on it from an entirely different system

that is exactly what im doing i though i made that clear in the first post. i though everbody who responded knows about it and think that wouldnt be a problem. adam so if i get a brand new hdd, it would work?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003+13 December 2003 - 23:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (raiserblade2003 @ 13 December 2003 - 23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@14 December 2003 - 06:11
    hold on, I am confused.&nbsp; You know why?&nbsp; It sounds to me like you are trying to install a hard drive with an OS on it from an entirely different system

that is exactly what im doing i though i made that clear in the first post. i though everbody who responded knows about it and think that wouldnt be a problem. adam so if i get a brand new hdd, it would work? [/b][/quote]
    I think that a new HDD will solve your problem, raiser.
    Although I can&#39;t explain why it won&#39;t even access BIOS with the old HDD installed.
    Your old HDD is already polluted with all the applicable info (HAL- hardware application layer) for your other board, chip, vid drivers, etc.
    That would just drive your new hardware crazy.

I&#39;ll bet your new HDD boots right up.

At least you can take comfort in the fact that everything else seems okay.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by clocker+14 December 2003 - 07:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 14 December 2003 - 07:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003@13 December 2003 - 23:56
    <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p
    @14 December 2003 - 06:11

that is exactly what im doing i though i made that clear in the first post. i though everbody who responded knows about it and think that wouldnt be a problem. adam so if i get a brand new hdd, it would work?
    I think that a new HDD will solve your problem, raiser.
    Although I can&#39;t explain why it won&#39;t even access BIOS with the old HDD installed.
    Your old HDD is already polluted with all the applicable info (HAL- hardware application layer) for your other board, chip, vid drivers, etc.
    That would just drive your new hardware crazy.

I&#39;ll bet your new HDD boots right up.

At least you can take comfort in the fact that everything else seems okay. [/b][/quote]
    yea, but now im just piss off about my stupid ati tv wonder not working.....wrong driver my ass

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003@14 December 2003 - 00:53

yea, but now im just piss off about my stupid ati tv wonder not working.....wrong driver my ass
    Did I miss something?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by clocker+14 December 2003 - 07:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 14 December 2003 - 07:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-raiserblade2003@14 December 2003 - 00:53

Did I miss something? [/b][/quote]
    no just me letting my anger out on ati on this forum instead of on my computer

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast