Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Clocker? Vb123? Anybody? Help?

Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@14 December 2003 - 14:09
    So you say that it boots up fine without the drive connected?
    And doesn't as soon as it is?

Is the drive set to Master, Slave or Cable Select?

Have you tried with another IDE cable and be sure that pin #1 is connected to the same side as the stripe on the cable. Check it at both ends.
    yes, it boot ups fine w/o hdd
    when hdd is installed, the computer would power up, but nothing on screen
    drive is set to master
    i try the other ide cable from my old comp and still same problem.
    my cable only goes in one way so no need to worry about pin

post? my computer never beeps when i turn it on. my old machines doesnt beep when its turn on either

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Do either of these machines have a speaker?
    If so, is it connected?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    yea, speakers are connected

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    You cant use a HDD with an O/S and Drivers from another system on a NEW system, unless you reformat the HDD...and thats exactly what hes trying to do so im thinking thats why its not working...
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I tend to agree...what's confusing is the off/on ability to enter BIOS and the lack of a POST report.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@14 December 2003 - 17:59
    You cant use a HDD with an O/S and Drivers from another system on a NEW system, unless you reformat the HDD...and thats exactly what hes trying to do so im thinking thats why its not working...
    I covered this way back, it isnt even accessing the drive so it cant be that, and you can put a drive from another system in a new one, older versions of windows find the new hardware or you go into safe mode remove the old h/ware and reboot and it finds it, its xp that wont boot, but it WILL at least try! you have to either repair or reinstall, but it WILL try and boot. his isnt even posting

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    BANNED
    Mate posting is a test it runs to check all your components are communicating with each other.If its not posting one of your parts is failing or being prevented from talking to another part like mobo>ram>cpu>devices.I know you say you've tried everything but its just got to be there some where,i'd have a fiddle in the bios and every jumper setting esp'jumpers for power related.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    should i try doing what others said and reformat my hdd in the new system im building?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Originally posted by ck-uk@14 December 2003 - 18:29
    Mate posting is a test it runs to check all your components are communicating with each other.If its not posting one of your parts is failing or being prevented from talking to another part like mobo>ram>cpu>devices.I know you say you've tried everything but its just got to be there some where,i'd have a fiddle in the bios and every jumper setting esp'jumpers for power related.
    i knwo what a post test is. i didtn say i didnt. haven mess w/ bios yet, but jumper are set correctly so its not taht. maybe i should try reseting the cmos

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003+14 December 2003 - 18:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (raiserblade2003 @ 14 December 2003 - 18:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ck&#045;uk@14 December 2003 - 18:29
    Mate posting is a test it runs to check all your components are communicating with each other.If its not posting one of your parts is failing or being prevented from talking to another part like mobo>ram>cpu>devices.I know you say you&#39;ve tried everything but its just got to be there some where,i&#39;d have a fiddle in the bios and every jumper setting esp&#39;jumpers for power related.
    i knwo what a post test is. i didtn say i didnt. haven mess w/ bios yet, but jumper are set correctly so its not taht. maybe i should try reseting the cmos [/b][/quote]
    Good, now that we know that you know what a post test is, perhaps you can tell us if it is doing it?

If it is not doing a post test, the problem is not directly related to the hdd. It may be a power problem or something related to plugging the cable into the motherboard.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast