Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Clocker? Vb123? Anybody? Help?

Originally posted by Smurfette@16 December 2003 - 00:28
    <sigh>

LEDs are diodes and, as such, need to be connected correctly to work. Some power LEDs are (for want of a better word) &#39;multifunctinal&#39; in that they light up a different colour when the system is in standby (as on monitors)... I haven&#39;t bothered to find out how but I suspect it may be by having a voltage passed in the other direction.

How do you tell which way round to put the connector on?
    Well, pin 1 of the head is always marked (sometimes just with an arrow, sometimes with a number and sometimes it&#39;s only shown in the manual), and is positive.
    Also, you may have noticed all your case LED and switch wires have one coloured wire common to all and this indicates negative. On all the cases I&#39;ve worked on, the negative wires have been white.

@ raiserblade2003: You didn&#39;t answer my questions when you quoted your original posts in your reply. That doesn&#39;t matter because you&#39;ve sorted the problem out now, but may I just explain why it&#39;s important to be specific?
    - Motherboards can have problems that get posted about all over the net (eg I replaced a K7S5A mobo because it would lock up and overheat the chipset if the memory was set to 133MHz, which is a variation on a common problem it has) so someone here may have heard about the problem you&#39;re experiencing.
    - The same applies to gfx cards - some are known to draw a lot of &#39;juice&#39; or need to be firmly seated in the slot.
    - Just sayng you&#39;ve got a HDD and a CDRW drive and that you&#39;ve checked the jumpers isn&#39;t enough when problems can arise from certain hardware. I have an Afreey DVDROM drive that won&#39;t show in my XP system (even blocks out the CDRW on the same channel) and doesn&#39;t show on my girls&#39; ME system unless the jumper is set to CS. Some optical drives prefer to be set as master, others don&#39;t work correctly as slave to another device. FWIW, you can have a slave device without a master; my Afreey DVDROM is set to CS and appears as the secondary device because it&#39;s at the end of the cable but is the only device on that channel. Telling us what you&#39;ve got and where it is helps us help you easier.
    okay, what was your question again?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #62
    Poster
    LOL
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567