Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clocker? Vb123? Anybody? Help?

my new pc is almost done. only need a hdd, so i decided im gonna take out the hdd (primary, the one w/ everyting on it...windowxp is preinstalled on this hdd) in my comp. im using to type this up, and put it in the one im building to see if it work.....it didnt. w/o the hdd, it would boot to the bios, but w/ the hdd installed, it would turn on, power up and everything but the screen is blank, and the monitor indicator light is yellow (not active). i checked the jumper on the hdd and everything is right. but one other odd thing is when i turn on the power, i dont get any lights from the led. the comp led dont light up and the hdd led is the same. what am i doing wrong.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    oh and i know its normal for window to read you have 382mb of ram instead of 384mb, but is it normal when its reading 391mb?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    what graphics card??

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by SciManAl@14 December 2003 - 04:21
    what graphics card??
    what does this have to do w/ anything?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ok trust me on this it helps, what is the configuration inclkuding vid card thanks yousa!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    umm okay?!!!!

amd xp 2200+
    256mb ddr pc2100
    shuttle nforce2 ultra 400
    the hdd was a western digital
    pci mx440 64mb (from old machine)

do i need to list keyboard and mouse

but is it becuz the hdd was the one w/ my windows and drivers for my other mobo on it? or is there something wrong w/ my system.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    silly question but have you checked that you are putting the ribbon cable in the right way round? unplug everything else you dont need to boot ie cdroms/modem etc and try and boot. also try clearing the cmos. And if it is able to boot to bios screen without the hardrive in i would think it is nothing to do with your graphics card

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by boyzeee@14 December 2003 - 04:33
    silly question but have you checked that you are putting the ribbon cable in the right way round? unplug everything else you dont need to boot ie cdroms/modem etc and try and boot. also try clearing the cmos. And if it is able to boot to bios screen without the hardrive in i would think it is nothing to do with your graphics card
    i though it(ribbon) could only go in one way...yea, i have no clue what he want gfx card for either.

all the ohter non needed stuff is not connected, i disconnected them one by one, unless the cold cathode light is the source of this....then i have no clue waht to do.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003@14 December 2003 - 04:32

pci mx440 64mb (from old machine)

do i need to list keyboard and mouse
    it could be your mouse or keyboard preventing boot, set it in bios to halt on no errors or eveything but keyboard mouse then unplug them and try and boot, also check in bios that it is setup for using pci graphics card and not agp

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    that was one reason i wanted to know vid card...

but the real reason, is that ATI cards can be incompatible with the system.. resulting in same results... can't rule it out, and that would be expensive error to fix...

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast