Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Block List Within Anonx

Not sure legally how this would work, but what if AnonX put in PeerGaurdian Block list?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Double Agent
    i dont think it's such a good idea

the blocking should be done on clients, not proxy servers.

beside this would affect proxies' speed performance so i dont think you should put in a blocklist.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Just a late night thought.

The CPU power of these boxes are incredible. I have a box with 600 users on it right now and it is pulling less than 20% CPU. Adding additional rules to the firewall wouldn't change too much until the IP list got into 10,000+

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Double Agent
    still putting in a blocklist in ur proxy would cause potential connection problems for some users, and then they all bitch about it in ur tech department, which you have to deal with anyway. This could be a pain in the butt.

what you could do is put a link to peerguardian on ur website and tell ppl what it does. Once ppl understand they will download the peerguardian program and use it.

just a thought

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    That's what we have been doing by email. What we really need is a message forum on the AnonX web site that deals with tech issues.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    why do you need to use a blocklist anyway?

aren't you super-duper secure and apparently the users are beyond conviction (haha)?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Never hurts to take it to the next level.

Kick the four letter company anyway you can......

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by AnonXO@14 December 2003 - 06:05
    Never hurts to take it to the next level.

Kick the four letter company anyway you can......
    i suppose, but why put paying customers performance at risk in exchange for no benefit for them?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Double Agent
    i dont think customers really care if there is a blocklist or not

what they really care about is how fast they can download on bt....

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I asked the question, because my tech staff recieved 4 requests for this "enhancement" today. I wanted to through the question out to the masses and see what you think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast