Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maximum Users Contest

Hey Peeps,

I wonder if it can be a thing with all the new P2P formats springing up but here goes:

In Kazaa Lite++ there is a "users" column that shows how many users are on that node for the time being.
    I've "Print Screen" on my keyboard and captured what I thought was alot of users onto the "ClipBoard Companion".
    "One Headlight" by the Wallflowers was at over 1100 users on one node and this is three years after its release (at least)! I got a copy of dat.
    So can anyone tell me where to post this and get it kicked off, if it isn't already started.
    One word of caution would be not to send any portions of your desktop that you wouldn't want to share, just the kazaa view.
    Thanks forum members and seniors. Great job on the forum.

-free2bp2p

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Aberrant
    Since it would be of general interest, but not a question, request, or advice of any sort.... I would suggest it would fit in the Lounge.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    and umm....

what the hell are you talking about?

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

4. Lounge   -   #4
    To elaborate/simplify,

We would simply post a claim of 'X' amount of users on one supernode to perhaps this forum and start a bitchin thread and boost file sharing.
    People would back up their claim with a snapshot ("Clipboard Companion" in 'system tools' for w98) that we would simply swap.

For instance, my claim this week is 1105 users on 1 supernode for the song, "One Headlight". People don't believe me and I make the clipboard file available as proof!

If any one has any suggestions to add or wishes to challenge my claim please post to this thread. I'll provide a clipboard file named, "max users" or something else.

much love,

free2bp2p

5. Lounge   -   #5
    sorry.
    I only got as far as "X" this time.

I think I need to visit the Ritalin thread....

6. Lounge   -   #6
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    that doesnt reflect anything about your supernode. One supernode might only have 1 user out of 1000 with the song while another could have 250 users out of 300 that have the song. Furthermore, if you leave the search on for a long time, kazaa will change supernodes and the majority of the results wont even apply.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Hey folks,

Sparsely- You&#39;re funny- I can appreciate the honesty.
    Mogadishu- I got alot out of your input.

Is there still any significance to the amount of users gravitating to that node if not for a fleck in time?

I&#39;m just trying to say "hey, look at the size of that number&#33;" Instead of going through my search results and calculating all the users for that particular unit (song, movie, piece of crap), there is an obviously bigger puddle of water than even the other puddles added together.

Being a musician, in the case of "One Headlight", it means songwriting at some of its best. 1100 users doesn&#39;t tell you that people are still demanding this song?

Put these results up against (mainstream) rap. Put these results up against pop.
    Put these results up against country, &#39;indie&#39;, carnage metal, old vs.cover, something hot off the bottom of your sole etc.

What the hey.

free2bp2p

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by Sparsely@15 December 2003 - 01:08
    sorry.
    I only got as far as "X" this time.

I think I need to visit the Ritalin thread....
    Sparsely,

Just how many pages of albums/cds are there?

-free2bp2p

9. Lounge   -   #9

only ten so far...it&#39;s on hold for now cuz I need to get teh php stuff set up....
    so you don&#39;t have to browse every page

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Sparsely,

Do you have any experience with making or recording music that has come out of those influences?
    I&#39;d like to know.

-free2bp2p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast