Thread: Looking For Program ...

TRshady
    Hey all,

For ages I wanted and look for, but never found a software which is able to delete deleted files, once which appear in the list of restoration programs, any chance of 'shredding them?'.

But also, I'd love a program which simply shows you which folders on your computer are taking up the most space and if possible, is able to show you what extensions are taking up the most space. Ontrack systemsuite has a similar feature but that's pretty dated and I'd prefer a smaller, faster dedicated program which does the job.

So its programs which can:

1. Which can wipe deleted content, so old deleted files are unrecoverable and the filenames don't appear in restoration programs.

2. A program which shows you what folders on your computer are taking up most space, and if possible, even show the extensions and how much space is used by each.

Thanks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    For file deletion u can use eraser although it is for erasing files and not files that already have been deleted.

A programm which shows the amount of space a file on your pc takes is Disk Analyzer

Both mentioned programms are freeware but there are a lot more programma which can do what you want
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    TRshady
    Originally posted by nostalgia@14 December 2003 - 19:20
    For file deletion u can use eraser although it is for erasing files and not files that already have been deleted.

A programm which shows the amount of space a file on your pc takes is Disk Analyzer

Both mentioned programms are freeware but there are a lot more programma which can do what you want
    Thanks for the reply.
    I use window washer to delete files, so any one who can point out a program to delete files which haven't been 'shredded' and are still recoverable will be helpful.

As for the other program ... thanks! .. I'll try it now.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    1. System Mechanic 4 Pro. has an app. that deletes deleted data. Its called System Shield.

2. SequoiaView to show files/size and location.

Hope this helps,
    Steve

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    restoration has a permanent delete function, its light and its free
    check it out here:
    http://www.webattack.com/get/restoration.html
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    muchspl2
    bestcrypt seemes to the best
    it can use any of four encryption algorithms: Blowfish, Twofish, GOST and DES
    check it out here
    http://www.jetico.com/

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by nostalgia@14 December 2003 - 13:20

Eraser will shred files that are deleted. In My Computer, right click the drive and choose "erase unused space".

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    TRshady
    Thanks for the replies and teaches me for not at least checking out erasers site. I'll try that now but will have a look at others. I'm currently deleting unused disk space on my primary drive, lets hppe it does that ....

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Originally posted by Jg427+15 December 2003 - 02:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jg427 @ 15 December 2003 - 02:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nostalgia@14 December 2003 - 13:20

Eraser will shred files that are deleted. In My Computer, right click the drive and choose "erase unused space". [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re absolutely right&#33; Never used it so that&#39;s why I didn&#39;t mentioned it.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --