Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hotmail Hates Me

Browser instances? Oughtta help me out on that one... guess it's not the same as pop-ups

MSN hasen't given me any nonsense yet. And a reinstall seems somewhat harsh - wanna try to avoid that.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    u tried outlook?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    No , I just said I used Outlook and hated the fact it opens up all selected e-mails because , well , I like the sound of it...

In case it didn't register , yes ,I now use Outlook. THAT DOES NOT FIX MY PROBLEM , IT JUST AVOIDS IT .

Do I smell a wiff of sarcasm ?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    No other instances of IE means only one IE window is opened at this time

So trying again with hotmail gave you same problem? There was a security hole in hotmail a while back in which one could run a javascript on their page. They fixed it right away! Its hard to see if the problem is in IE or in a setting. You tried changing it to default and the problem went away for the time being and then came back again, is that right?

Reinstall is not that harsh. Its the thing to do these days if it gets corrupt. However your IE doesnt look corrupt. It only seems to have a problem with that hotmail sign in page. If you have a different browser you can try logging in and change the look of hotmail back to class. There is a way you can do it. Dont delete the cookies and use IE to sign in back. Although its not a solution to the problem ur having coz its hard even to know where the problem is. But it might just work for u.

Maybe someone else has faced the same thing and they can help you out. I am out of options right now. I would generlly clear cache, disk cleanup, defrag etc my computer to bring it in a good shape. If the problem is still there then would reinstall it.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Try another browser, IE is shitty and full of security holes. Give Opera a try.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Okay ... so now we&#39;re dumping IE alltogether...
    Will this affect any other programs (compatibility issues)?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by fred devliegher@15 December 2003 - 09:35
    Okay ... so now we&#39;re dumping IE alltogether...
    Will this affect any other programs (compatibility issues)?
    nope it shoudn&#39;t and if you find it does u will still be able to use IE

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    If you&#39;re going to switch broswers go with Mozilla.

but I know you are actually wanting to stick with IE, so I&#39;ll try to give some help.
    You could try using Java from sun instead of Microsoft&#39;s Virutal Machine, I&#39;ve seen the MVM cause many crashes to IE, and as soon as you install Sun&#39;s version (which by the way is not only the best version, it&#39;s also the original version) the problem goes away.

You could also try turning off scrip debugging in IE, this is located in Tools&#092;Internet Tools under the Advanced Tab.

If none of this works, I&#39;d say try reinstalling IE, you can get the latest version off of Microsoft&#39;s website, and see if that will possibly fix it. If not the only thing left to do would be e-mail microsoft and bitch, ALLOT, maybe they can come up with a solution for you.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    I&#39;ll go look for Sun&#39;s version... might take some time , I&#39;ve got a lot of stuff to worry about these days. Thanks for all your help anyway &#33;

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Originally posted by fred devliegher@15 December 2003 - 05:20
    I&#39;ll go look for Sun&#39;s version... might take some time , I&#39;ve got a lot of stuff to worry about these days. Thanks for all your help anyway &#33;
    forgot to post you a link, sorry

but here is where you can get it
    http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast