Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hotmail Hates Me

This is weird ... every time I sign in to hotmail the browser gives up - none of the keys work (like back , home...) , I can't shut down IE - and all I can do is kill IE with task manager. This only happens with Hotmail , all other visited sites work fine , and neither Norton nor Ad-aware can find anything out of the ordinary. Suggestions?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    What version of windows and IE are you using?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Win XP and IE6 - never had a problem with either of them.
    ! This stuff started around the time of the Hotmail makeover !

BTW signed your petition

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    hace your tried using outlook, i find it alot better to get to hotmail through that then IE

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    1 - That would be an option , but most people only know my Hotmail adress.
    2 - I'm getting my connection through LAN , and for some reason Outlook only "works" on the other PC - haven't had the time to look into this.
    3 - Avoiding the problem isn't always a solution , I'd like to fix this.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Dont worry, its not you, its Microsoft!

Jokes apart, With new hotmail I dont see any new changes that would mess up things like that. You sure its only with hotmail? Try visiting some sites with Active X and javascripts.
    Have you updated XP recently?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I&#39;ve added updates as they come in ( automatic updates). The new look didn&#39;t seem to be the problem , but you never know ...
    Do you happen to know any sites where I can test Javascripts ? I&#39;ve been through all my favourites , no problem with any of them.

Didn&#39;t get the "through Outlook" suggestion at first - I&#39;ve added my Hotmail adress , so I can at least read my mail.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by fred devliegher@14 December 2003 - 17:30
    Well, you can use Outlook Express to retrieve, send, delete, etc. emails on your Hotmail account. That&#39;s why Marius suggested it.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd+14 December 2003 - 16:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cl1mh4224rd @ 14 December 2003 - 16:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-fred devliegher@14 December 2003 - 17:30
    Well, you can use Outlook Express to retrieve, send, delete, etc. emails on your Hotmail account. That&#39;s why Marius suggested it. [/b][/quote]

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Oh , why don&#39;t you rub it in...
    Besides , I&#39;d still like this issue fixed - Outlook is fine , but it&#39;s just not.... the same...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast