Thread: Nvidia

Poster
    Ok, dunno if you guys have seen in teh game world forums my post about my Geforce 4 Mx420, but many new games I have downloaded recently like Prince of Persia, Dues Ex 2, Gladiator :SOV are not compatible with my card.
    This really infuriates me as games which are a bit older than these new ones run perfectly on my comp.
    My problem is though, that in order to play this new 'range' of games coming out, which from what Ive heard compeltely dont give a toss about mx cards: Which Fx card should I get to give me good performance ( my mx420 was dam good with all my games). I dont really have a clue what card to get, all i know is that i need a new one which will be good enough for the new wave of games, as developers ovbiously dont give a shit about Mx cards
    TNTIcemanTNT

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    why do people think old cards (and yes they ARE old) are still good to play newest games..... dont get me wrong... i have an mx440 and i havent got a game that doesnt play my card.... but i do know i dont have a powerful card in these times...

dont expect that ur g4 is gonna do the job anymore..... NO!

EDIT: developers SHOULDNT care about mx cards....why? because they are old.....and they dont want a shitty game with shitty graphics when you can get ut2k3+ graphics with new cards

you do the math

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Thanks for the info, please answer the question though. I need some suggestions on what new market card to get which would be suitable for the new range of games coming out. I have heard good things about the fx range?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by DWk@15 December 2003 - 18:24
    why do people think old cards (and yes they ARE old) are still good to play newest games..... dont get me wrong... i have an mx440 and i havent got a game that doesnt play my card.... but i do know i dont have a powerful card in these times...

dont expect that ur g4 is gonna do the job anymore..... NO!

EDIT: developers SHOULDNT care about mx cards....why? because they are old.....and they dont want a shitty game with shitty graphics when you can get ut2k3+ graphics with new cards

you do the math
    The whole point about DirectX drivers is that if your card doesn't support a feature required by the program, it should be possible to emulate it in software. This has been more or less true up to the current release.

But there are features in DX9b which are just not supported in software, which is driving a massive upsurge in sales of new graphics cards. But that's not good news for some people, since there are still plenty of graphics cards on sale which don't support the new features.

I lay the blame at the feet of the game makers. The hardware manufacturers have given them a new feature, they should have made sure that it was going to be supported in software. The net result can only be lower sales of the games involved, since not everyone is going to want to upgrade their graphics card.

I agree that developers shouldn't care about MX cards, for the simple reason that they shouldn't HAVE to worry about them. Surely it's up to the end user if they want to continue with "low" quality graphics.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.