Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is This 'fair'?

A judge has ruled that a Pakistani man convicted of attacking his 17-year-old fiancee with acid be blinded with acid himself as punishment.
    On June 24th Mohammed Sajid, 19, poured acid on the face of Rabia Bibi with the help of his two brothers and two friends in Bahawalpur, a city in the Punjab province.
    She lost both eyes and her face was burned in the attack that police said followed a minor row between the couple.
    Afzal Sharif, the judge, yesterday ordered that Sajid and his brothers be jailed for seven years, and that Sajid be blinded by acid. He ruled that a doctor should perform the punishment publicly at a sports stadium. "This is an Islamic way of doing justice," his verdict said.

Source, Glasgow Herald 13th December
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Poster
    I find this entirely impossible to believe.

I know you and I know you would not post such a thing had you not read it.

I find it stunning beyond description.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Double Agent
    J&#39;Pol obviously u know not much about the Islamic world and their way of life

this is how they punish criminals. is to do it publicly and in front of a large audience.

A man charged with rape had his dick chopped off publicly

ouch...but still

ouch

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Believe it. It&#39;s on the level .

MAN SENTENCED TO ACID BLINDING

A Pakistani man has been sentenced to be blinded by acid after a judge found him guilty of doing the same to his former fiancee.

Mohammad Sajid carried out an acid attack on Rabia Bibi in June after her parents broke off their engagement and gave her hand to someone else.

The judge in the anti-terrorism court in Bahawalpur, a town located in central Punjab province, ruled that the convict be given a matching punishment under the Islamic law of "Qisas".

The law, enforced in Pakistan during the military rule of General Zia-ul-Haq in 1979, says a culprit should be handed a similar punishment to the crime committed unless pardoned by the victim or the victim&#39;s family.

Observers say the sentence is unlikely to be carried out because of public outcry and as President Pervez Musharraf is determined to modernise the country.

Sajid confessed before the court that he had thrown the acid in the face of Bibi in revenge for her family not keeping its promise, a court official said.

The attack blinded and badly mutilated the girl, he said.
    SOURCE

I saw this item earlier today and it just made me flinch.
    An eye for an eye, taken to it&#39;s utmost extreme.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    eye for an eye

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Maybe unbelieveble for us but its a whole different culture

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Its magic baby!
    this eye for an eye thinking comes from there belief system

but you cannot blame a religion you have to blame the people misusing the religion
    Wiz.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    This eye for an eye lowers crime levels due to fear.
    IMO, very effective punishment. Still, the guilt has to be proven.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    LMAO, so technically, its an eye for an eye, but in this case, its 2 eyes for 2 eyes

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind". That&#39;s one of my favourite phrases, and I wish more people would heed that message, then there would be less violence in the world.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast