Thread: Stop Programs From Loading At Start Up

I would like to remove spybot s&d from loading at start up. I know there is a folder for taking that task off at start up but how do i get there so i could remove it. please and thank you.
    *~Supa~*

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by supastylin@14 December 2003 - 19:09
    I would like to remove spybot s&d from loading at start up. I know there is a folder for taking that task off at start up but how do i get there so i could remove it. please and thank you.
    *~Supa~*
    start > run > msconfig > enter

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Problem solved.

btw, in S&D there is an option to for stopping load at startup. As suggested by muchspl2 you can use msconfig to stop any application to load at start up.

I hope no one replies after this with all Tweaking programs just to fix a small start up.

@muchspl2, I wish we had one of those options to accept the most helpful answer to indicate the problem has been solved. So no one else needs to reply again and again the same thing.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    see if its in your startup folder first if not do the msconfig thing

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Many progs add themselves to startup

Rule one ALWAYS with programs is

open the actual prog - go to options and unmark-strart when windows start and unmark any other things that annoy you with the prog

check-start-programs-start up

3.muchspl2-start > run > msconfig > enter (start up list-unmark the annoying prog)-when you restart it will tell u that you fkd with msconfig-just mark the square-dont tell me again

@muchspl2, I wish we had one of those options to accept the most helpful answer to indicate the problem has been solved. So no one else needs to reply again and again the same thing.
    IAM - I agree- it just so happens that 3 people Reacted EXACTLY at the same time (i had the slowest mouse clik though)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    muchspl2
    heh
    seems people like programs to do stuff, most don&#39;t know they can do it without them

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    @Zedaxax This is understandable, but the funny part would be if someone even comes now, ignores to read all the answers above and reply the same thing (which happens quite a lot these days if the question is too easy)
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>