Thread: Download Restarted?

BANNED
    well i was downloading a verified and had 30 megs already....then after a reboot it just reset....0kb again

ideas any1?
    thx

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Run a scandisk -- you probably have 30+ MB of bad sectors or lost allocation units on your hard drive/s.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    happened to me too with a verified a while ago.Didn't pay to much attention to it because I had the thing downloaded again in no time.

But what's all that about bad sectors or lost allocation units on the hard-drive?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Happened to me before and neglected. I redownload the file.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~@15 December 2003 - 01:46
    But what's all that about bad sectors or lost allocation units on the hard-drive?
    If you lose part of a download, the hard drive probably still has that space marked as 'used' -- ESPECIALLY if it failed due to a crash/power outage.

Scandisk can recover from that kind of damage by finding unallocated/unassociated pieces of files and recreates them as something.dat files in the root dir of the drive they're on.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    I think that it just restarted because of the way Kazaa handles multiple groups, not because of crashing (in which case the download would have been deleted).

This post I just made in another similar topic has the answer.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.