Thread: Ok I Got My Modem Running With Windows Xp Now But-

Poster
    but when i try to sign on to msn it kind of like freezes. I can still click on start and all move my mouse around even end running msn but when i try to open folders they don't pop up. It takes a few minutes and then everything i tried to open pops up and my computer starts to work fine. Everything works fine before i try to sign online but the moment i try to sign online it starts to act up. I even got a new modem to see if it was because of my old modem but even with my modem it still does the same thing. Anyone have any suggestions could i be needing more ram i only have 128 ram, but remember everything works fine untill i try to sign online.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    some people say 128 is fine with xp but msn recommends minimum of 256 for ram.

i have 1 gig myself and would recommend 512 for xp. make sure your drives are up to date for your modem

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    You are running XP right?
    Memory is a must!!
    XP runs fine on anything over 256MG of memory.
    Xp requires 256 and then you need memory for other applications.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    yea, what kind of modem you got? and then, get updated drivers for it. my brothers comp used to do a similar thing, when it was logging on, everything would freeze untill it completely logged on. his old comp was a celeron 400mhz with 128mb RAM. once it logged on, everything was fine. prolly cuz the comp speed was slow.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    I just bought a new modem today. It's a Best Data 56k v.92/v.44.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    i even noticed that everyone loads a lot slower if that helps in trying to solve this problem. I mean everything was fast and loading when i start but then it just gets slower and slower and slower. I want xp on my comp but it looks like i'll probably have to go back to 98