Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burning Stuff

hey, after seeing that anime thread with those links.......i've checked out some of the files and it's like 200mb per episode, that means that if i were to burn like the list of videos there...i'd only be able to store like 3 episodes per cd., and that means that'd i'd have like a whole stack full of cds to be burning, and i was wondering, are there any regular sized cds that hold more than 700mb? like those dvd blanks....can you treat them as ordinary cd 700mb blanks or are they formated only to be read on dvd players with the dvd movie formats? i'm just trying to figure out how i can save space and store a shit load of stuff in smaller amounts of cds......what do you guys suggest?

also, nero's been a pain in the ass for cuz they've detected my crack for 5.5 when i upgraded to 6.0 and i can't figure out how to uninstall the damn thing properly.anyways, they also have this built in copyright thing where once you burn a cd from that program, anyone that tries to do a direct cd copy to cd copy with it will get errors.....or the shit won't work...........so what do you guys suggest for that?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    dvd's can only be read by dvd player - but you can store data on a dvd, just like you can with a cd

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    You can get 900mb disks, not much more expensive than normal ones. I recommend getting a dvd writer, less than £90 these days and dvds hold more than 4gb

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    muchspl2
    1. look into kvcd, you can fit 2 hours on a single cd of high quality
    2. just get the newest orion crack for nero 6 @ suprnova or wherever
    and maybe you checked copy protect cd's or something in nero, I never had your 3 problem, I'll let someone else cover that

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    well..the problem with nero is that it won't let me uninstal the program properly......which is wierd, i guess their new versions can read or locate the orion crack or something, even though i deleted the nero folder after uninstalling in the old versions.........

hm....also, like yeah, i know dvds can hold 4 gb of storage, but like the other guy said, if i burn some regular computer files and stuff, then can i still use the dvd blank like an ordinary cd or is it only "read in a dvd player", like, if i have a regular cdrom drive, will it read? i don't really get how these dvds work actually, how can something the same size as a regular cd hold that much more......do they just compress everything or something.....? and are dvd blanks that i'm planning on using for back up storage cheaper in the long run than buying like 100 packs of regular cds?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    2 Applications from nero's site:

Nero General Clean tool

and

Registry Checker and DriverClean Tool

These may help; and I don't even use nero....lol.

Can't believe all the Nero users in this forum and I have never seen these apps posted before

Edit:sp

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    muchspl2
    you can't burn or even read a dvd on a cdr, so skip that idea

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by skelley521@15 December 2003 - 22:39
    Can't believe all the Nero users in this forum and I have never seen these apps posted before
    well not ppl aint that smart

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    ok.so yeah....uh.what's the advantage or disadvantage of storing backups to free up hd space with dvd blanks vs cdr blanks.?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    none.....however dvd writers are much more expensive than cd burners...not to mention how much the dvds cost against the cds cost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast