Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol Making

Keikan's Avatar ........
    I got an idea. Why don't I make my own booze? I got this idea from my juice box locker at school (I have a locker where i keep peoples juice boxes so i can get money later) See after 3 weeks it started smelling like alcohol! so i think? I wonder if you can make booze out of juice boxes and would it be safe?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    no ,but you can refill the juice packs with boozes

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    ya but see I don't have any booze

4. Lounge   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Keikan@31 December 2003 - 12:04
    ya but see I don't have any booze
    Keikan you are only 14. You don't need booze. You should be getting out of that urban environment and running and jogging and things similar. You have enough adrenaline there to pass everybody else that is out there running.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    i think these are insrtuctions to make beer enjoy NOT FOR MINORS

Brewing Basics
    Beer ingredients are barley malts, sugars, hops, yeast and water. Combinations of these ingredients produce the varieties and styles of beer. Yeast ferments barley malts and sugars into alcohol while releasing carbon dioxide. Hops add bitterness and flavor. You will brew from highly refined hops and barley mixes which are concentrates of barley malts and hops carefully blended by our Master Brewers.

Sanitation
    There is one Cardinal Rule of Brewing: all of your brewing equipment and bottles must be washed, cleaned and "sanitized". Sanitized means dipping or rinsing any equipment that will come in contact with fermenting beer in a solution equal in concentration to about 2 tablespoons of household bleach to 1 gallon of cold (tap) water. Wash or rinse the items in such a solution and then rinse the bleach solution off with tap water. Sanitizing kills microscopic bacteria which are detrimental to the beer.

Your First Brew
    There are many recipes, techniques and processes of brewing which use the Mr. Beer Microbrewery System. These instructions will acquaint you with the basic principles of brewing. Our first recipe following instructions makes 8 quarts, equivalent to 20-12 oz. beers. This recipe produces a beer approximate in strength to a normal American commercial beer.

Let’s Brew!
    1) SANITIZE the Beer Barrel, lid, gasket, airlock assembly, tap, washer and nut. Open and close the tap several times to allow sanitizing solution to flow through it.

2) FIT the gasket inside the lid. Place the washer on the tap with the flat portion of washer up against the tap (it actually works either way) and ASSEMBLE the tap to the Beer Barrel. HAND TIGHTEN firmly by turning tap while holding nut on inside of the Beer Barrel. Do not use wrenches or pliers to tighten. Test with tap water to make sure you have a good seal.

3) FILL the Beer Barrel with four(4) quarts cold (tap) water. Volume markings in quarts are on the back of the barrel. Soak the beer mix can in hot water for 10 minutes to soften contents and make them easier to pour out in step 4 below.

4) In a saucepan, bring six (6) cups of water to a BOIL. Remove from the heat source and stir in the whole can of beer mix with one (1) cup of ordinary white table sugar. (Omit sugar for lower alcohol beer or add additional ½ cup of sugar for higher alcohol beer) POUR the "wort" (pronounced "wert", a brewer’s term for the mixture of malts, sugars, hops and water) into the Beer Barrel. ADD additional cold tap water to bring the volume to nine (9) quarts. CAUTION: Boiling more than six (6) cups of water makes the wort too hot to add yeast to. Wort temperature should be between 70° and 103° F. when yeast is added.

5) SPRINKLE the yeast from the packet on top of the wort, allow to sit for 5 minutes, then stir the wort. The brewer’s term is to "pitch" the yeast, meaning to add the yeast to the wort.

6) SCREW the lid and gasket assembly tightly onto the Beer Barrel. FILL the airlock with about ¾" of water and insert the assembly into the lid. Fermentation will start within 24 hours. While the wort is fermenting, carbon dioxide gas will be released through the airlock without allowing contaminants to enter the Beer Barrel. Often times the wort may foam up through the airlock. If this happens, just remove, clean, refill with water, and reinsert the airlock. This does not affect your beer.

7) Allow your beer to FERMENT and CLEAR seven (7) days at room temperature between 68°and 85° F. and out of direct sunlight. Actual fermentation time may be as little as one (1) day when you notice the airlock stops bubbling. Before bottling, however, wait for the beer to clear from the top down as the inactive yeast settles. When clear, it is then ready for bottling.

8) SANITIZE your bottles and caps.

9) ADD two and one-half (2 ½) teaspoons of ordinary white table sugar to each quart bottle. (Use a piece of paper as a funnel to add the sugar.) Residual yeast in the beer will work on the sugar causing a secondary fermentation in the bottle after capping. This activity carbonates your beer. Be cautious, as too much sugar may over carbonate the beer, resulting in gushing or burst bottles. Too little sugar will result in a flat beer. The brewer’s term for sugar added to the bottle for carbonation is known as the "priming" sugar.

10) REMOVE the airlock assembly and FILL the bottles from the tap up to the bottom of the neck (3" from the top). Try not to disturb the yeast which has settled to the bottom of the Beer Barrel. Don’t worry if you do, the beer will clear again in the bottle. HAND TIGHTEN the bottle caps.

11) KEEP the bottles at room temperature (68° to 85° F.) for at least 7 days to allow carbonation. Using PET bottles allows you to see the beer clear in the bottle and to feel the bottle firm and harden as the secondary fermentation causes the internal pressure to build. After carbonation, STORE the beer upright in a cool dark place for several days or until the beer clears in the bottle. Your beer will improve in taste by allowing an extra week of maturing in the bottle.

12) YOUR BEER has been naturally brewed and carbonated and thus has a small yeast sediment at the bottom of the bottle. This is known as a "live" or "fresh" draft beer. The yeast is rich in Vitamin B and is good for you, but would cause the beer to turn cloudy if disturbed. When serving, pour in one continuous motion into a glass pitcher so as not to disturb the sediment. When cooling in the refrigerator, perfectly clear beer may appear hazy. This is also typical of naturally brewed beer as it is rich in proteins. Rinse the bottle immediately after use and re-use the bottle and cap many times. Drink your beer within 4 months of bottling and store in a cool place.

The amount of priming sugar, at bottling time, for the following bottle sizes:
    12 oz. ¾ Teaspoon

16 oz. 1 Teaspoon

22 oz. 1 ½ Teaspoons

1 liter/quart 2 ½ Teaspoons

2 liter 1 ½ Tablespoons

6. Lounge   -   #6
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    hey drunkinstyle what the full name of the girl in your avator

7. Lounge   -   #7
    tila nguyen some hot vids of her on kazaa shes also got a site just google tila nguyen

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Originally posted by bigboab+31 December 2003 - 05:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 31 December 2003 - 05:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@31 December 2003 - 12:04
    ya but see I don&#39;t have any booze
    Keikan you are only 14. You don&#39;t need booze. You should be getting out of that urban environment and running and jogging and things similar. You have enough adrenaline there to pass everybody else that is out there running. [/b][/quote]
    ya but I don&#39;t have any stamina

9. Lounge   -   #9
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Oh for the love of............Ok first, you can&#39;t make booze unless you have a completely sterile enviroment, so unless you gonna bleach your locker and tab all the cartons then leave it all airtight for a few days you don&#39;t stand an earth

Second, you have to leave any alcohol for at least a couple of weeks, undisturbed before it&#39;s any good, apart from those 5 day beer kits, but you may aswell drink cold tea

@14 you do not want booze, you&#39;ll make yourself ill or end up like me

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@31 December 2003 - 05:25
    Oh for the love of............Ok first, you can&#39;t make booze unless you have a completely sterile enviroment, so unless you gonna bleach your locker and tab all the cartons then leave it all airtight for a few days you don&#39;t stand an earth

Second, you have to leave any alcohol for at least a couple of weeks, undisturbed before it&#39;s any good, apart from those 5 day beer kits, but you may aswell drink cold tea

@14 you do not want booze, you&#39;ll make yourself ill or end up like me

Jonno B)
    cold tea tastes good

but boozes gets you drunk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast