Thread: Downloaded Windows 2000.....

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    my windows 98 computer's been acting up and reinstalling windows 98 looks like the only way to fix the problem (actually it is the only way).

this time i decided to install windows 2000 onto it as windows XP is kinda slow on it and i think windows 2000 would better suit it. (its 333mhz and 128mb ram).
    Ive never used windows 2000 before and had to download it from kazaa lite...

the file was called windows 2000 operating system xxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx.iso.exe

(the xxxx's were a serial number for the os).
    The file was 360mb...

I renamed it to just have .iso instead of exe and opened with winiso, the full extraction was: 354mb, although it says size on disk: 665mb

Do u guys think\know that this file was legite (btw it had a setup.exe file, readme, i386 folder) i just wanna make sure that its got every file needed or if there are a few that i should download before burning or something.

Can anybody help me out?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Well if it is an .iso don't extract it. Just burn it directly from the .iso image. In Nero click Recorder>Burn Image>Select the .iso and burn.

As for if it's good? Burn it and try it out.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    i already new how to burn it i just opened it with winiso to see what files were there.

Can anybody with a windows 2000 professional cd tell me how many files are in the i386 folder, mine has 3994 not counting the 7 folders at the top.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i have a feeling it might be fake. but it could be real, cuz i got my windows 2000 from klite, and miraculously, it turned out real. lol.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    can u check how many files are in the i386 folder not counting the folders in it for me abu? mine has 3994. If they are the same than i might have teh same one as you (meaning it works )

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Just try it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    muchspl2
    run it through cdmage
    it will fix aynthing if it can, google for it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@15 December 2003 - 18:57
    i have a feeling it might be fake. but it could be real, cuz i got my windows 2000 from klite, and miraculously, it turned out real. lol.
    well....abu.... my first winxp....well actually the one im using right now...i got it from kazaa... no corruption at first try