Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 98 To 98 Se?

Ok I have windows 98 and is there a way to just upgrade my 98 to se without haveing to download a full ver... like a smaller upgrade cd...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    i cant remember if SE had an upgrade disc....however the full version (which i think is like 450megs...not much of a download) can upgrade it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I can't find a file that large on kazaa! all i find are like 126mb and i'm haveing trouble downloading it from irc. so do you or anyone else know where i can get a full version or an upgrade.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    http://novasearch.net/?search=windows+98&s...None&order=desc

626 megs......same image i suppose....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    You CANNOT upgrade from 98 to 98SE. They are 2 completely different operaing systems.

If you try, you'll get an out of memory message. No matter how much hard drive or memory you have installed.

They forgot to include the "does not support upgrading" notes. You also can't install 2 side by side win9x OS's so it won't offer you that option.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    ah ok...thx for the enlightment balamm

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    how bout a source thats not on BT i hate that program... I have broadband but all i get is a crappy 1Kb/s and i've left it running and still 1Kb/s at that rate it'd take weeks lol

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    u read what balamm said?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by freak@16 December 2003 - 11:58
    I can't find a file that large on kazaa! all i find are like 126mb and i'm haveing trouble downloading it from irc. so do you or anyone else know where i can get a full version or an upgrade.
    The Small version on KazaalLite (128mb) is the cut-down version and will probably work. All of the foreign languages and extra crap are removed by hackers.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    yes i read what balamm said but that doesn't mean I can't do a full install! and the 128 mb ver i don't think it will boot unless your running under windows will it??>?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast