Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mysql Connection Error :(

TRshady
    Following This Tutorial, I have got This Far and can't connect .

I replaced this:

<?
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &#036;dbcx = mysql_connect("localhost","username","passw0rd");
    To This:
    <?
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &#036;dbcx = mysql_connect("localhost","db_user","passwordiset");
    But it wont connect, the database is called db_tutorial if thats supposed to replace anything, please help someone, trying this (what should be simple tut), but am always getting more problems

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    TRshady
    :&#39;( Please Someone .......
    I&#39;m following a beginners guide, lol, so someone must be able to point out what I&#39;m doing wrong ...

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    TRShady, it seems the password is set wrong. Check the case of the password.

Edit: Where is the mysql server hosted?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    TRshady
    The mysql server is hosted on the same server. Got 10gbs as a part of a hosting package. Thanks though, I&#39;ll try adding another user and password.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    TRshady
    I feel stupid ... please ignore me from now on, lol.
    The connection strings is directly underneath the db in cpanel ... I always wondered what they&#39;re there for, lol. Thanks for trying to help

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Originally posted by TRshady@16 December 2003 - 17:15
    I feel stupid ... please ignore me from now on, lol.
    The connection strings is directly underneath the db in cpanel ... I always wondered what they&#39;re there for, lol. Thanks for trying to help
    You&#39;re most welcome

So what was the problem?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    TRshady
    First off, the username was wrong, instead of &#39;user&#39;, it has to be put as trshady_user ... and same applies to database needing a prefix of &#39;trshady_&#39;.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    TRShady, it seems the password is set wrong. Check the case of the password.
    I was close

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    TRshady
    True
    While I&#39;m here, one thing I wanna know:

should dbs be controlled by phpmyadmin or by code?
    Im looking for some decent tuts but all the ones I find require you to enter actual code and I have no idea where to add all the code to create tables, add id names etc, as phpmyadmin does this automatically.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    TRshady
    <bump> people ......

Im using ashosting, have ftp and a cpanel ...... how do I create databses with code? ... only way I see is with the use of cpanel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast