Thread: I Don't Know What I'm Doing

sofakingdom
    Ok, here is my problem..When I open Kazaa-lite, it will freeze for abourt 2 minutes(even though I am connected and it's so bad that I can't even move the mouse cursor around on the scree), then it will unfreeze for about 30 seconds, then freeze again and so forth. I have a P4 1.7GHZ/172 MB Rambus and a cable internet connection running Windows 98SE, so there is no reason why my kazaa-lite should be lagging. It only started about 5 days ago anyway. Before then it has never given me any problems. I tried reinstalling it and it did not fix the problem. I noticed that Kazaa-lite 2.4.2 is out(I think I am still running 2.4.1 or something like that, I tried to find the newest version on a google search, but cannot find any working links, so if anyone could put up a working direct link to the download I would greatly appreciate it). Also, I have been trying to understand about jumping supernodes, but I have no idea how to do it. If anyone could give me a link to a thread that explains how to do it step by step, that could be most helpful. Oh side note too, sometimes the freezing gets to a point to where it won't unfreeze and I have to reboot my computer. Also many times an error from windows(you know the blue background and all) comes up saying that a fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028: C027D3B2 in VXD VMM (06) + 000013B2. Don't know if that helps. Anyways, that is my dilemma. Sorry it is so long and detailed. Thank you in advance for any help anyone can provide.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    You can find many working links on this forum.

Read the problems part of the FAQ. Corrupt db or .dat files may be the cause of your problem.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I noticed that Kazaa-lite 2.4.2 is out(I think I am still running 2.4.1 or something like that, I tried to find the newest version on a google search, but cannot find any working links, so if anyone could put up a working direct link to the download I would greatly appreciate it).
    The newest version is actually 2.4.3
    You can still get it by going to http://www.filemirrors.com then search for klitekpp243e and you will get a list of direct links to it.

To jump supernodes, there are 2 ways:

1) Go to File, then select Jump Supernode
    OR
    2) Use the integrated program Kazupernodes, (found on the k-lite Tools menu if you have version 2.4.2 or 2.4.3) Go to http://www.kazupernodes.tk to learn how to use it.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Error403@16 December 2003 - 14:26
    You can find many working links on this forum.

Read the problems part of the FAQ. Corrupt db or .dat files may be the cause of your problem.
    It is just like error403 said, it is a corrupt file or db folder, do a search on the forum and you will find how to fix it.