Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Children / 1 Family

Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    but my family is an average size so they can and even if they were not that well off i would still be a veggie as im probably the cheapest to provide for in the family because i dont eat meat

however i usually end up eating what most of my family eat cos either half of it is veggie and i can eat it or there is just no meat in it at all - like my dads pasta
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

2. Lounge   -   #52
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Let me just interject here for a moment.

I do have to agree - having that many children is appalling, I have trouble keeping up with the ones I have, I don't know how anyone can keep up with that many kids and say that they each receive enough love, attention and caring. It's just not feasible.

However, when it comes to meals, I am a firm believer that my kids will eat what I cook. I don't cook separate meals because the kids don't want to eat what they're given. I'm not talking about force feeding them, but the food is there, and if they're hungry they'll eat it. Most of the time it isn't a problem, my oldest is picky at times - but he also knows how to fry an egg, or make a box of mac and cheese if he doesn't want what I've cooked, so he's not going to starve if he doesn't want to eat stuffed peppers or something. Point is, I don't run a restaurant. The only time this rule does not apply is if it is because of a food allergy, but thankfully, so far, the kids haven't any.

I do know the foods the kids don't like, and I try not to make those as often - like say, liver, I love it, but one of my kids doesn't, so I make it once a month or so - when it's infrequent, it's not a big deal, and he picks away at it.

My stepkids who stay with us on weekends, don't like this rule much, their mother does cook around them - some days cooking three separate meals, one for herself, one for her daughter, and one for her son - sorry but this is ridiculous. I have neither the time, nor the patience for it, and I don't believe in spoiling children with anything but affection. They're adapting, my stepson didn't like ANYTHING before, but now eats almost everything I cook with gusto.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    BANNED
    amen couldnt agree more... i was raised the way u are raisin ur children... gj

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I was raised by my Grandparents. I ate what was plated for me, because thats all there was. It got boring eating the same old stuff, but I never starved and was always clothed and loved. (but thank god I dont have to suffer pease pudding anymore! )

Having so many children is selfish, you cant devote enough time to each of them, and obviously they suffer in the long run.

Ive been a vegetarian for over 12 years now, and now Im pregnant Im seriously thinking of eating meat again for babies sake.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

5. Lounge   -   #55
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by lilmiss@16 December 2003 - 23:48
    Ive been a vegetarian for over 12 years now, and now Im pregnant Im seriously thinking of eating meat again for babies sake. [/color]
    I think that is very thoughtful of you Lilmiss, not many people would be as caring as that. Though I am sure you will get critics.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    @Nikki.......erm.....yeah but you totally missed my point
    I agree with what you and millions of parents do, I had to eat what I was given but this woman on tv said even if one of her children was vegetarian it would be tough luck, therefore rather than a minor adjustment to 1 meal (eg: instead of cooking 30 beef burgers, cooking 28 beefburgers and 2 vegie burgers) that would not be any trouble. I just thought it was a heartless thing to say, basically ignoring a childs beliefs.
    Sowwee, you'll forgive me I'm sure

@lilmiss......Thats very considerate of you, big respect for thinking to do something like that
    Heh you don't like Peas Pudding Hot?

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

7. Lounge   -   #57
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    In my household I do like to cater for everyone. If I put a meal in front of my kids an they dont want to eat it because they dont fancy it and it is just fusiness then its a case of "tough, dont eat it but no dessert" but I would not serve them something that I know they dont like. I would be pissed if I was forced to eat peas and mushrooms (the only food I can think of that I dont like&#33 and I would prefer to go hungry.
    What I like to do with my kids is give them a day in the week where they can choose what I cook them (within reason, I dont like too much junkfood) and I encourage them to try new things. It can be a pain to cater for all their tastes at times (I work an 8 1/2 hour day and do most of the cooking in my house) but I am in the postion to be able to provide that for my kids.
    I was brought up with an older brother, by my mother who was a single parent and in a lot of debt (through no fault of her own bless her) so I know the feeling of eating what you are given. I suppose that influences the way I am now.

I'm not saying that your wrong Nikki (we all have different ways of parenting) thats just the way I do things.
    Obviously you would'nt force one of your kiddies to eat meat if they really wanted to be veggies (I assume)

@Lilmiss Make sure you get plenty of Iron in your diet. See you GP for advice on healthy eating while preggers it is still possibe to stay veggie with the correct supplements and diet.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Nam..........do you realise you and me are 2 of the biggest piss heads here, yet we're making sense Kinda scary

But I would like to say just for piece of mind, all I've posted is just my opinion, I'm not a parent, I don't think I'm really fit to be one so I'm not going to tell any parent how to look after their child, I have no right to do that!
    I just know what I saw that woman say and do was (IMO) wrong and those kids have a small chance at a normal life (whatever that might be) but they should not be squashed in like baterry hens, I just don't think it's right.

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

9. Lounge   -   #59
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@17 December 2003 - 01:17
    Nam..........do you realise you and me are 2 of the biggest piss heads here, yet we're making sense Kinda scary

But I would like to say just for piece of mind, all I've posted is just my opinion, I'm not a parent, I don't think I'm really fit to be one so I'm not going to tell any parent how to look after their child, I have no right to do that!
    I just know what I saw that woman say and do was (IMO) wrong and those kids have a small chance at a normal life (whatever that might be) but they should not be squashed in like baterry hens, I just don't think it's right.

Jonno B)
    Well said Jonno, we have a right to an opinion and we had a disscusion in the lounge without any insults. Does'nt that make a nice change poophead?

Oh and dont do the parent it thing, it seriously cuts down on your drinking time

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Yeah, just goes to show does'nt it..........wonder how this thread would have gone with different members

And I would'nt worry about me being a dad, something tells me that ain't never gonna happen....

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast