Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Everyone!

Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4

For you Hobbes.
    As Zero said, Van Morrison sang it best.

Hope you are as merry as xmas.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

2. Lounge   -   #12
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Merry Christmas everyone

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    All of this Merry Christmas stuff is a bit insensitive. There are plenty of non-Christian's here, who may find this offensive.

To those who fit that description, my apologies on behalf of the non-thinking Christian element. Some of us think of the feeling of others before we post.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    well a large percentage of us on the board do celebrate christmas so its not really offensive for us to say happy christmas to others who do

if people are not christian then they do not have to read the thread !!

should i find it offensive when its eid ( thats the only other religion holiday i can remember&#33 ? personally i wouldn't so why should they ?
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

5. Lounge   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by J'Pol@17 December 2003 - 18:26
    All of this Merry Christmas stuff is a bit insensitive. There are plenty of non-Christian's here, who may find this offensive.

To those who fit that description, my apologies on behalf of the non-thinking Christian element. Some of us think of the feeling of others before we post.
    I am sure that many non-Christians will be offended by your post, Mr J'Politically Correct.

Members of most faith's respect the beliefs of others and are not offended by their celebrations. Those who proclaim to be offended are usually racists and bigots.

Edit: typo
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by gemby!@17 December 2003 - 20:31

if people are not christian then they do not have to read the thread !!

It's entitled, Hey Everyone.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by lynx+17 December 2003 - 20:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx &#064; 17 December 2003 - 20:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@17 December 2003 - 18:26
    All of this Merry Christmas stuff is a bit insensitive. There are plenty of non-Christian&#39;s here, who may find this offensive.

I am sure that many non-Christians will be offended by your post, Mr J&#39;Politically Correct.

Members of most faith&#39;s respect the beliefs of others and are not offended by their celebrations. Those who proclaim to be offended are usually racists and bigots.

Edit: typo[/b][/quote]
    Two sweeping generalisations, which you have no possible means of substantiating.

Excellent post. I&#39;m glad you went to the bother of sorrecting the spelling.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@17 December 2003 - 15:26
    All of this Merry Christmas stuff is a bit insensitive. There are plenty of non-Christian&#39;s here, who may find this offensive.

As a stodgy conservative, let me say that those who might take offense should exercise the same prerogative that allows them to change the channel, choose from a restaurant menu, or avoid walking into the wrong public restroom.

If you feel you might be offended, don&#39;t read or post in this thread.

If you find that you have read any of this before realization sets in, please feel free to sign up for reparations with the United Nations, or pursue recourse through the Hague.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+17 December 2003 - 19:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 17 December 2003 - 19:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;@17 December 2003 - 20:31

if people are not christian then they do not have to read the thread &#33;&#33;

It&#39;s entitled, Hey Everyone. [/b][/quote]
    well they can read the first line then not read anymore then if they find it SO offensive

whats your religion anyway ?
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by gemby&#33;+17 December 2003 - 20:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gemby&#33; &#064; 17 December 2003 - 20:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@17 December 2003 - 19:34
    <!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;
    @17 December 2003 - 20:31

if people are not christian then they do not have to read the thread &#33;&#33;

It&#39;s entitled, Hey Everyone.
    well they can read the first line then not read anymore then if they find it SO offensive

whats your religion anyway ?[/b][/quote]
    How on earth would that help ?

Just giving a warm happy holidays to my friends on the forum. I believe this time of year is to recognize those luxuries we take

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast