Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Is The Sit Dude

hey i got a trick set yur upload to dsl/fast then change teh upload to 20kb. I get blazing fast downloads always over 100kb!

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by danne@19 December 2003 - 21:29
    btw, why are you on super-seed mode when you ain't got the whole download muchspl ? not much point in that.

Super-seed mode is *NOT* recommended for general use. While it does assist in the
    wider distribution of rare data, because it limits the selection of pieces a
    client can downlad, it also limits the ability of those clients to download data
    for pieces they have already partially retrieved. Therefore, super-seed mode is
    only recommended for initial seeding servers.
    its automatic when I start any torrent because I set it to be, but most shouldn't use ss mode, its for the people that seed files
    just distributes it better than normal mode

and the reason no one talks about it is its considered cheating, just seed afterwords
    again it works, every computer/every
    just do a experiment for your self, start downloading on unlimited, once you get pretty good speeds, say 5-10 minuets, drop it down to dial/up
    it will work, its a givin, the only thing I can figure is your doing it on torrent with 1 seed then nothing really you can do

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    It only works well is there are a lot of people using the torrent and it is very well seeded. Ive gotten speeds of 340 kB with my cable connection when putting my upload at 3k. If i decided to set at at 40k (like i should) then my dl does to about 60 kB. Ive only noticed problems with the "dial up hack" when there are not a lot of people downloading or if the torrent can just been creating and is currently seeding.

I like to get the file as fast as i can copy the file and then set uploads to unlimited until i go to bed or play online games.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Poster
    thnaks for the tips, i'll check out oreomans thing

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Originally posted by mooseman2070@20 December 2003 - 17:58
    thnaks for the tips, i'll check out oreomans thing
    KEWL!

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Hey i'm on 56k can you pause the download on shadows client and then turn off my pc and resume it later

if you can just tell me how plz

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    You cannot do that with Shadows but I think you can with TorrentStorm I'm sure I read that on there site, I've never used it I use Shadows B)

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    muchspl2
    you CAN do that with shadows or any client really

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    OTS (Off The Subject ) 2Pac_4_Life-change ur sig, not to bog on ur or anything but that might offend

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Poster
    why does everyone care about everyone else's sigs?

forget about it, its just more spam, but it was good that filepirater knew it was spam or OTS

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast