Thread: Movie Playback Is Stopping?!?!?

Both RealOne and Windows Media Player are suddenly freezing while I'm watching a downloaded movie. Counter goes to 0 and the word "Stopped" appears on the left hand side. I have to hit play again, movie starts from the beginning, and then I fast forward past the point where the video stopped. Sometimes it freezes again, other times it will go straight through to the end. Why are they doing this? Do I need to delete and then reload the K-Lite Codex pkg? I have the latest which is 2.20. HELP

Also, checked for updates. WMP is fine but RealOne tells me that the following are CRITICAL updates:

1) RealOne Player v2! 6.0.11.868
    2) RealPix Component Plug-In 10.0.0.0

Don't do anything with RO other than watch movies, so do I really need these?

thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Originally posted by robnyt@18 December 2003 - 06:09
    Both RealOne and Windows Media Player are suddenly freezing while I'm watching a downloaded movie. Counter goes to 0 and the word "Stopped" appears on the left hand side. I have to hit play again, movie starts from the beginning, and then I fast forward past the point where the video stopped. Sometimes it freezes again, other times it will go straight through to the end. Why are they doing this? Do I need to delete and then reload the K-Lite Codex pkg? I have the latest which is 2.20. HELP

Also, checked for updates. WMP is fine but RealOne tells me that the following are CRITICAL updates:

thanks.
    I personally would consider using winamp and videolan to view movies your still going to run into problems like this but sometimes not as bad. Also I've found while I have a problem playing a movie with it stopping and going back with one player it does'nt with another. I have had the same problem lately with several movie files. It's when a certain frame or frames are corrupt then shutting the player down. There are corruption fixers that can fix small corrupted parts but if your not going to burn it to cd it may be more trouble than its worth in my opinion. Theres a link in K++243 in help/video problems to download videolan.
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by imnotanaddict@18 December 2003 - 08:38

thanks.

I personally would consider using winamp and videolan to view movies your still going to run into problems like this but sometimes not as bad. Also I've found while I have a problem playing a movie with it stopping and going back with one player it does'nt with another. I have had the same problem lately with several movie files. It's when a certain frame or frames are corrupt then shutting the player down. There are corruption fixers that can fix small corrupted parts but if your not going to burn it to cd it may be more trouble than its worth in my opinion. Theres a link in K++243 in help/video problems to download videolan.
    [/quote]
    Thank you.

Anybody want to take a shot at the second part of the question?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    download virtualdub then go
    here

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by boow@20 December 2003 - 23:29
    download virtualdub then go
    here
    this is easier
    http://divxrepair.sourceforge.net