Thread: 9600xt

CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Alright guys. The other day I posted about the geforce 5200 256mb video card a bud of mine was going to sell me for 60 bucks. I already have a 128mb version of the 5200 and I was thinking about getting this one for this computer, and give the 128 to my second computer. I have been thinking that now would be the time to really get a good card. The geforce 5200 just plain sucks...I know...I have the 128 version. I don't even think there is really any difference between the two versions except the obvious wich is...one is 128, the other is 256

I just don't need 256 mb of useless ram. I have a 4x agp slot and that card is sucky as the one I have in now...it would be pointless to spend a good 60 bucks on that piece of shit. I need a good card.

I have been eyeballing the 9600xt. I have looked at its features, and I can see how much the 9600xt kicks the geforce 5200's ass. I have 70 bucks on me. My fiance will give me 50. I can get some more tomorrow when she gets paid...

I think this is a shot to get a better card. Why waste 60 on a geforce 5200 256, when I can add a little more to that to get the 9600xt.

You're probably asking "What the fuck are you trying to say Cade..."

Well. Once again, I need to know if I should go for this. Half-life 2 voucher is bundled with it, so that is a comfirting thought...obviously if a game is bundled with a video card, chances are that the game will run on the video card. Couldn't paint a bigger sign...

Anyone here with the 9600xt, that can tell me how well it runs. Does it do good with high settings in most games.

I do have 384mb of ram. 1.8 ghz proccessor. 40 and 20 gb hard drives. I am planining on gettin a Gig of ram in about two weeks so...shouldn't worry about that.

Give me some info guys, thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Well guys, I just read a very interesting review on the 9600xt. You really don't need to say anything. Of course I still would like to hear some things. Any problems and such. Though it is pretty much settled that I must have this card. A good price, good performance, and comes with half-life 2 .

Peace.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    you sound like you're already decided, a little more positive feedback can't hurt though

i've got the tyan 9600 pro and i'm very happy with its performance. the xt should, of course, be faster than the 9600 pro (if both are at default clock speeds), so you should be happy too
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Oh yes, very happy . Thanks, now I know 100% I&#39;m getting it. I mension the words geforce 5200 256mb anywhere, all I hear is "sucks&#33;&#33;", or "piece of shit&#33;". It&#39;s nice to mension a card, and hear nothing but birds chirping the nice breeze blowing . I guess with 532MHz Core speed and 650MHz Memory Speed, I gotta have it.

Thanks again. B)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by CadeLaguana@18 December 2003 - 11:56
    I guess with 532MHz Core speed and 650MHz Memory Speed, I gotta have it.
    have they overclocked it again? last time i read it was 500/600 standard...

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    That is what heard too. The one I found, it is a Fireblade version(I don&#39;t know anything about that but...). It says in specifications that it is 532MHz Core speed and 650MHz Memory Speed. Not that there is a problem with that . The more the better .

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    why not just go for the pro version, since its till a dx9 card, and still pretty fast. and save a few bucks? or even the 9600se if you dont play alot of games.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I do play a lot of games. I want to get the best for my buck. I&#39;m not going to get a new one for this pc for another few years, so I want a fast card I can live with. I think 9600 suits me to an XT

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by CadeLaguana@18 December 2003 - 12:21
    That is what heard too. The one I found, it is a Fireblade version(I don&#39;t know anything about that but...). It says in specifications that it is 532MHz Core speed and 650MHz Memory Speed. Not that there is a problem with that . The more the better .
    ah, ok

my 9600 pro overclocks to about 520/620 so i&#39;m pleased with that