Thread: Upon Conclusion

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i just built my new system, havent run any benchmarks etc, but by looking at monitors in bios, which ive been told being in bios puts the cpu under full load, and with no fans and stock hsf on barton 2500 i get 56degrees. and with one fan at the front and one at the back where the mounting where [rovided it goes down to 54degress not alot of difference, but with 2 80mm fans going at full pelt its alot noisyer, i thihnk i would rather live with 2 degrees more under full load.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Actually Livy, I believe that your chip is barely idling whilst in BIOS.

Anyway, what you have run into doesn't surprise me at all. Most cases and their stock fans don't really do squat.

Now the real fun begins...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    the fans never came witht the case, there the ebuyer extra value ones.

the value has went down from when i was running it in bios, it shows the cpu temp while booting, and its went down to 44. and i i done was boot to windows and restarted.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Extra value for eBuyer apparently, not for you.
    Download SpeedFan and then see what your temps are.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    didnt clocker have a thread some time ago saying how his case fan was useless too?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Is it possible that the air intake is not large enough for the fan to be able to move the air out?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@18 December 2003 - 11:06
    Is it possible that the air intake is not large enough for the fan to be able to move the air out?
    Very possible, I would say.
    Many cases only provide a series of stamped holes as a fan grill...hideously ineffective and, in essence, they strangle the fan.
    Filters will do the same thing.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@18 December 2003 - 18:06
    thats what i suspect too, the front one doesnt really have anywhere to take the air from, apart from sucking from the chamber down the front. the gap in between the case and the plastic cover, and i see no external holes, so its basically just sucking from the case, and the back one has only a small hole in the middle of the rear exhaust and there is more air felt coming in than out.

i was gonna try cutting the bottom of the case at the front, underneath so it isnt seen, and drilling the rear exhaust out a bit, to give more airflow.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    i was gonna try cutting the bottom of the case at the front, underneath so it isnt seen, and drilling the rear exhaust out a bit, to give more airflow.
    Sounds like a perfect plan to me.