Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I The Only One?...

Poster
    i dont anymore, but prices sure have soared for harddrives and highspeed internet

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

2. Music   -   #12
    rohoth
    Since I started file sharing, I buy more CDs than I ever did before. I've discovered new artists and types of music. I explore, learn, then I purchase. I want the artists to be compensated when I like their music. I think many people have increased their music purchases because of file-sharing, and it's a good thing to do, if you are able to afford it.

3. Music   -   #13
    Poster
    I haven't bought a cd in ages.

Since I moved out to my own place about 7 months ago, I haven't had any spare cash for that kind of thing at all.

I would if I could afford it, but only after I sample the music online. I have bought a few crap cd's in the past, I hate it.
    Stoopid News - My Blog / Stoopid News site. All wierd, wacky, crazy news.

4. Music   -   #14
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    What?! Buy CD's?! That would be paying for stuff thats free, your nuts!

5. Music   -   #15
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    yes. I still buy them.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

6. Music   -   #16
    pusher's Avatar The New Moral
    Yes in fact I bought 2 cds just the other day.
    The color of this signature is really blue. If you see otherwise, please adjust your monitor settings.

7. Music   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by strangedays@19 December 2003 - 20:27
    Do you not buy CD's cos you find the music is poor?

If you like a CD a lot you should buy it, otherwise you are as good as a thief, with all of his morals.
    Hey lay off the theives theres nothing wrong with stealing.

You work hard for you money so u can eat but instead of eating for a night you go out and buy a cd which make it so some rich artis can buy antoher $500,000 car.

Man fuck that your the idiot, you morals blind your judgemen.t i would rather keep my money for food or somin better, and download the song and the artist can go without another fucking mansion or their 99th car.

They waste the their money cause they have so much while you need everycent to eat (and get a faster internet connection) .

Thieves are cool!!!

8. Music   -   #18
    most of my music is downloaded and then i put the tracks onto an audio cd..so its purdy much the same thing.. but i still buy cds. if your a true fan of the artist youll support them...

9. Music   -   #19
    I still buy CD's as well, but not many. Although the amount I buy has either stayed the same from before I was downloading or even increased as my income has increased. I agree I only buy them though if I know I will like the majority of the CD not just one song. Gotten into that rutt before and what a waste of money, especially when you really can't afford it to begin with.

That's the problem, maybe the record labels should start producing more actual artists w/ alot of really good music on their CD's rather than their new form of made up music that artist never even created in the first place. Hence why alot of my favourite artists are ones that create their own songs.

Plus nobody is supporting the artist from a CD purchase, they only get approx $0.80 cents from each one sold, and that is if they are lucky. Check out this site where an actual producer shows the real amounts everyone makes and pays. Really interesting. http://www.negativland.com/albini.html

10. Music   -   #20
    I buy clothes and what not from bands if i like them , the way i see it is they prolly make more money from that. Do you have any idea how many cds a band ahs to sell to turn a profit, millions and they make pennies per the cd

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast