Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Gigs Do U Share?

i am currently sharing 42.2 gig of a 60 gig drive. almost all of it is dvd rip movies. in browsing other peeps files i've only come across 1 or 2 users (out of hundreds i've checked) that come close, and many of their files are audio tracks. i know there must be many people sharing way more than me. if u are one or have seen a godly shared directory, add to this thread.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Welcome

Go have a look in Direct Connect.

A lot of the hubs have minimum limits, for shared files. Some are 100Gb and above.

The available data just now is around 19Tb.

The downloads are genuine peer to peer. One person to one person, not many to one.

You are an excellent sharer, with a high quantity of files. However you are not even close to some of the big boys.

Cheers

JimF

PS the available data of 19Tb is for the hub I am using. There are many, many more.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Hai im sharing about 80 gig of Video but i dont know if its all DVD rip but i do know they are all huge files.

Ive used DC in the past, only draw back is its limited network because u have login to a HUB like Edonkey.

Plus side is the fact that most ppl are braodband users.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Paulus_1980@16 February 2003 - 23:46
    Hai im sharing about 80 gig of Video but i dont know if its all DVD rip but i do know they are all huge files.

Ive used DC in the past, only draw back is its limited network because u have login to a HUB like Edonkey.

Good point

The hubs also insist on numbers of slots open and speed of connection.

Cheers

JimF

PS I hope this doesn't come across as spamming. However if you want to whap out your boaby, don't be surprised to find out it's not as big as you thought.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    can someone post a link to a place i can get more info about direct connect.
    thanx

6. Lounge   -   #6

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Paulus_1980@16 February 2003 - 23:46

Paulus

I hear what you say. I use eMule and sometimes connecting can be a pain, though it has got better recently.

With DC I connect within a matter of seconds. Maybe I have been lucky in that I have put a couple of good hubs in my favourites. Or maybe it has grown a lot since you were there.

Cheers

JimF

PS As an homage to Martha, use Soulseek for music.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    JimF,

I was going to start DC on my server again soon, when i find that kazaa network has giving me what i wanted.

So in a while ill b using & giving a Kazaa & DC network connection.

Cheers Mate

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Paulus_1980@17 February 2003 - 00:44
    JimF,

I was going to start DC on my server again soon, when i find that kazaa network has giving me what i wanted.

So in a while ill b using & giving a Kazaa & DC network connection.

Cheers Mate
    Good Lad

I use common shared folders for K++, DC, eMule and Soulseek. It's all the same files, so it doesn't cost me anything. However it means that they are being shared on all of the networks.

Cheers

JimF

10. Lounge   -   #10
    thanks guys,
    i currently have both DC and klite runnin and am doin a comparo. seems like u hafta find the right user with DC for fast transfers. o yeah, what happens if the guy ur dl'ing from on DC goes offline? do u hafta wait for that particular user b4 u can resume the dl?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast