Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Routers Routers Routers

Poster
    Ok so this is my story i bought a DSL modem with inbuilt router so i can run 2 comps on the one connection, but i didnt do my home work and am now unable to Host games of any type, ive tryed on battle.net and gamespy. The router i bought only supports the forwarding of 20 or less ports so i cant port forward the thousands of ports that the games require.

So my question is what do i need to buy so that i can open(forward) all the ports i desire.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    You don't need to open 'thousands of ports'. Just find out what port Gayspy (Sp??) is using and input it into your port forwarding page. Once done you should be able to access all the games no problem.

As for Gamespy, it's a piece of sh*t. Too over-hyped, spyware riddled, and smells of something Micro$oft would cook up.

Download the All Seeing Eye and use that instead. You'll thank me later.

Samurai

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    muchspl2
    think it was VB that posted a program called port magic, check it out (google for a trail), it opens your ports as you need them

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by Cotton@20 December 2003 - 07:39
    Ok so this is my story i bought a DSL modem with inbuilt router so i can run 2 comps on the one connection, but i didnt do my home work and am now unable to Host games of any type, ive tryed on battle.net and gamespy. The router i bought only supports the forwarding of 20 or less ports so i cant port forward the thousands of ports that the games require.

So my question is what do i need to buy so that i can open(forward) all the ports i desire.
    I just hate that when people as for help but forget to tell us...

What DSL modem with router? Make and Model ?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+21 December 2003 - 02:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 21 December 2003 - 02:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cotton@20 December 2003 - 07:39

I just hate that when people as for help but forget to tell us...

What DSL modem with router? Make and Model ? [/b][/quote]
    Netcomm 1300 Ethernet/USB

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Samurai@20 December 2003 - 14:10
    You don&#39;t need to open &#39;thousands of ports&#39;. Just find out what port Gayspy (Sp??) is using and input it into your port forwarding page. Once done you should be able to access all the games no problem.

As for Gamespy, it&#39;s a piece of sh*t. Too over-hyped, spyware riddled, and smells of something Micro&#036;oft would cook up.

Download the All Seeing Eye and use that instead. You&#39;ll thank me later.

Samurai
    But doesnt it just pick a random port??

For example i would also like to host Warcraft 3 games what port should i open??

I downloading port magic now so ill c if it sovles my probs thanks for the replys.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    no it does not pick a random port...i remember finding a site on google w/ a list of port games used. seach on google

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Port magic Update:

Port magic doesnt support my modem (FUCK&#33;&#33

Man i realy picked a shit modem&#33;&#33;

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    but u can still open port right? y do u need port magic?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast