Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exosee

ok i have something to ask everybody, try this out connect to exosee but stay connected for a week 24/24 idle in the background if all the user that i see connecting to exosee would stay online and not disconnect after 15min thinking there is nobody here then imagine the number of people whe would be after a week.
    just for those who are math lover there is an average 15 new user name per day on exosee and whe are about 30 regular user , whe have been trying to get people to jump in for the last lets say three month before that almost nobody had heard about it ,not even me.
    so by making quick math ,if you want to correct me with statistical math go ahead, lets say for the month of november whe had an average of 5 new user name per day averaging 30 in a month this does 150 new user in the month of november.
    now lets calculate december during december whe got a small boost of about 8 new user name per day this would do 240
    now in january i have noticed that due to the nice posting and mostly good feedback from new user (yes there as been bad one but there is nothing better then a good kick in the butt to make you want to work harder) whe have been getting an average of 11 new user name per day wich does 330
    wich gives us a grand total of 720 user name
    from this total i will take out about 15% of them as some where just renamed user
    witch brings us to 612 user name
    and ill round it out to the closest 3 digit number witch does 600 user name
    now if whe average that most user have an average of 15gig wich is not that much since i have seen user with around 300 gig of sharing it gives us a pretty nice total of around 9000 gig of stock
    so lets say you would be to connect to exosee tomorrow and see 600 user online sharing 9 terabyte of stock how many user do you think there would be by the end of febuary...

man i would love to see this

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Originally posted by ataxy@8 February 2004 - 23:47
    ok i have something to ask everybody, try this out connect to exosee but stay connected for a week 24/24 idle in the background if all the user that i see connecting to exosee would stay online and not disconnect after 15min thinking there is nobody here then imagine the number of people whe would be after a week.
    Good point. Been trying to leave ExoSee in the background as much as possible during the past two weeks and have noticed the high on/off traffic. Still getting leeched off quite a bit though. (Think I've dl'd 20MB and ul'd 2GB) Then again, this is to be expected on a new site and I don't mind if it will help to get the ball rolling.

One thing that the developers will have to add if ur plan is to work, however, is bandwidth control. I know there is third party apps to handle this, but every other good p2p prog allows u to set ul and dl limits so as not to interfere with othe progs. This wouldn't be a big deal if I was connected to ExoSee to both dl and ul, but when I'm hanging out merely to allow ppl to leech from me, I don't need to have my ul maxed thus dropping my dl in another prog. Like I said, I'm more than happy to give them 20-30% of my ul bandwidth, but not all of it when I'm seeking nothing in return. Until they put these controls in place I can only give them three or four hrs a day — an obstacle to ur idea. I don't believe I'm the only one with this complaint and I could forsee more ppl opting for ur suggestion if they had this simple feature.

Just my two cents. B)

Good app all in all — give it a try folks.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    thx for your comment and i do agree with you

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Knew I wasn't the only one.

All joking aside, it might have more weight if u passed the suggestion on to Chag instead of a regular Joe like me.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    you have to understand chag is doing the software i do not have much decision making on the soft and he as been pretty evasive lately

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Originally posted by ataxy@12 February 2004 - 23:24
    you have to understand chag is doing the software i do not have much decision making on the soft and he as been pretty evasive lately
    Understand that perfectly. I just thought the suggestion might be taken more seriously coming from a mod.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    well new version out 0.15PR1check it out lots of bug where solved and the gui as been worked on to also there is a new community server available wich should solves the problem with router
    hope you enjoy
    Ataxy

******remember PR is for pre release so it must be considered as beta********

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    well chag as allready repaired some of the small bug that the PR1 had PR2 is out

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    I think that i got addicted to Exosee

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Originally posted by killer04@7 March 2004 - 13:14
    I think that i got addicted to Exosee
    Why?

(Not being sarcastic; just curious.)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast