Thread: I Can't Share My Files!

Help, I can't share my files.

When I start Kazaa Lite, I get an error message: Unable to open c:\windows\application data\kazaa lite\db\data256.dbb. I looked in this map, but the file data256.dbb is there.
    Kazaa Lite works, but I just can't share.
    What must I do?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Go to traffic tab look if you check "Disable sharing of files with others".

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I'd already checked that, but that's not the issue.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    My best suggestion will be to unistall k-lite and do a clean re-install. When you do the reinstall, make sure you tick the box to do it as a clean reinstall,. I can't remember the exact words it says, but it says something to do with the Registry, so then it won't use the old problematic registry settings.

That should solve it hopefully.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Now I uninstalled Kazaa Lite, and installed it again. I know what you mean by ticking the box with the clean install, and I did so. But I still get the same error, and still I can't share my files. I guess it will be over the next time I format my PC.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Has this problem always existed (ever since you first started using K-Lite)? Or did it only start happening recently?

If it's only a recent thing, and it used to be OK before, then maybe (if you have Windows XP) you could try going back to an old Restore Point, and see if that helps.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    -Genesis-'s Avatar Poster
    If you do not change file information for files you share just delete the "DB" folder and the next time you start kazaa it will re-create it and probably fix your problem. If it doesnt go to the kazaa lite folder and start up the file called "defaultuserset.exe" and follow the instructions. this will reset all the settings and registry keys which should be as good as a re-install.

Good luck.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by trolletje!@11 December 2003 - 02:56
    Now I uninstalled Kazaa Lite, and installed it again. I know what you mean by ticking the box with the clean install, and I did so. But I still get the same error, and still I can't share my files. I guess it will be over the next time I format my PC.
    Check your registry if there's an error after uninstalling Klite. You can have Registry Medic, it's the most reliable software, System Mechanic as well.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Thanks everybody!
    I'm sharing files again.
    I've just formatted my computer.
    Greetings,
    Trolletje