Thread: How Can You Extract The Music From A Video File?

I got a movie type of file and i would like to know how can i extract the music from it.. the movie is like 5 mins but it has asom music that i would love to have .
    My friend that made it said he cant remember what soung he used to make that video clip but i want those songs so bad . Any1 know a way?

2. Music   -   #2
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    What filetype is it?

3. Music   -   #3
    i cant see it because of windows xp's hide know extension thing... ill try to change that confegurations so i can know EDIT: hmm cant find it i know its in control panel somewhere...

4. Music   -   #4
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    it's in explorer>tools>folder options>view>advanced settings

but anyway I would just use winamp's diskwrite output plugin (.wav), or the lame_out one (.mp3)

5. Music   -   #5
    thank you well the file extension .wmv . Does winamp work with that?

6. Music   -   #6
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    drag it onto winamp and see. . .
    works here (v2.95) and i just ripped the audio direct to mp3 just now with the lame output plugin.

7. Music   -   #7
    i used windows sound recorder (lol) and it worked very well. Ill still try with winamp for the fun of it... see if it works or gives better quality for less space...

8. Music   -   #8
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    you can also rip video sound to wav with Virtual Dub, but if you want Windows Media support you'll have to go back to version 1.3
    this method works especially well when you want to extract dialog from movies for .wav quotes, sound files, etc.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free