Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need For Speed Underground

Poster
    hey im downloading NFSU off bittorent on my wickedly fast 56 k modem. im about half way done.

now i realise that theres a few different versions on suprnova, of NFSU.

1) NFSU: RAWKiNS 1555 Mb 16seeds 255downloads

2) NFSU: DEViANCE 1197 Mb 116seeds 1160downloads

ok now i realise that i shouldve downloaded the deviance one, so should i risk finishing off the rawkins one, or should i cancel it and download the deviance one, because i know that deviance will definately be authentic and english.

thanks

sorry for posting this twice but i didnt know whether id get better responses in gameworld or bittorent.

2. Games   -   #2
    i like deviance, but that rawkins one could be compressed a different way and so forth...i dont kno wat to tell you man

3. Games   -   #3
    Originally posted by dray_02@21 December 2003 - 02:53
    hey im downloading NFSU off bittorent on my wickedly fast 56 k modem. im about half way done.

now i realise that theres a few different versions on suprnova, of NFSU.

1) NFSU: RAWKiNS 1555 Mb 16seeds  255downloads

2) NFSU: DEViANCE 1197 Mb 116seeds  1160downloads

ok now i realise that i shouldve downloaded the deviance one, so should i risk finishing off the rawkins one, or should i cancel it and download the deviance one, because i know that deviance will definately be authentic and english.

thanks   

sorry for posting this twice but i didnt know whether id get better responses in gameworld or bittorent.
    56k and half way done? you would be a fool to cancel it let it finish...if there was something wrong w/ it, im pretty sure there isnt going to be that much seeders and peers

4. Games   -   #4
    muchspl2
    why on earth would you start your download of such a big file with out looking at the seed/peer ratio
    I got the deviance, and the other copy most likely will work, but its your on fault for not paying attention to what your doing, not to mention its a smaller file
    more seeds = faster
    smaller file > larger file

5. Games   -   #5
    Originally posted by muchspl2@21 December 2003 - 04:49
    why on earth would you start your download of such a big file with out looking at the seed/peer ratio
    I got the deviance, and the other copy most likely will work, but its your on fault for not paying attention to what your doing, not to mention its a smaller file
    more seeds = faster
    smaller file > larger file
    he has 56k, do u think it would matter if he has 16seeds or 116 seeds?

6. Games   -   #6
    muchspl2
    yes learn how bittorrent works and its a bigger file compared to the one everyone here has played ?

so back at you

7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by muchspl2@21 December 2003 - 05:10
    yes learn how bittorrent works and its a bigger file compared to the one everyone here has played ?

so back at you
    i was refering to your seeders comment, not the size difference...

w/ 56k and 16 seeds and 255 peers, its ont goin to differ much form having 116 seeders, either way, its gonna be max out.

8. Games   -   #8
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    i dunno with more seeds i get higher speeds but when there's less seed and less leechers i get less speed.... i get up to 100kbps on BT if there's alot of seeders

9. Games   -   #9
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003+21 December 2003 - 00:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (raiserblade2003 @ 21 December 2003 - 00:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@21 December 2003 - 05:10

so&nbsp; back at you

w/ 56k and 16 seeds and 255 peers, its ont goin to differ much form having 116 seeders, either way, its gonna be max out. [/b][/quote]
    5k 56k 5000k
    doesn&#39;t matter, again learn how bittorrent works
    more seeds = faster
    you your self said its not much, but more speed = more speed no matter how you cut it

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by muchspl2+21 December 2003 - 05:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 21 December 2003 - 05:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003@21 December 2003 - 00:18
    <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2
    @21 December 2003 - 05:10

so back at you

w/ 56k and 16 seeds and 255 peers, its ont goin to differ much form having 116 seeders, either way, its gonna be max out.
    5k 56k 5000k
    doesn&#39;t matter, again learn how bittorrent works
    more seeds = faster
    you your self said its not much, but more speed = more speed no matter how you cut it [/b][/quote]
    yes more seed mean faster, but one upload to you will max out your download at 56k so the rest of the seed are useless....the max speed at 56k is 8 KB/s but that is AT 56k, most ppl connect at 49k or below so thats about 7 KB/s and most ppl only get 90 % of their top download speed. so you wouldnt need all that seed to max out your download at a 56k connection. even if you connect to all 116 seeders from the deviance download, u get......about 7KB/s.....you connect to about 5 seeds and you get....7KB/s

P.S. and i know how bt work so stop sayin i dont

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast