Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Msn Messenger

Benno's Avatar Poster
    The popups come from an integrated messenger service which is for messages in a lan. Somehow companies can use this for advertisement. As long as you dont work in a network and use the service you can disable without problems.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    start > run > "net send 127.0.0.1 hi"

If that works you have the messenger program installed

We used to use it to send messages at my college across the network using 'net send MAT001 hey stop looking at pr0n' and stuff.. I even wrote a program to spam people with messages for mischief purposes

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    MSN messenger sucks because it starts every time you open outlook, it doesnt come with an uninstall option, and when you try to shut it off it says other applications are using it and it wont close. Fuck MSN use Gaim or Trillian.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by Sid@17 February 2003 - 21:39
    MSN messenger sucks because you cant turn it off, it starts every time you open outlook, and it doesnt come with an uninstall option. Fuck MSN use Gaim or Trillian.
    It don't with me

I can set it to open automatically with windows if I choose, but it never opens with outlook when I go in to check my emails

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Really? It did for me till i removed it. Are you running XP?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Yeah, XP home. Used to have '98 but I can't remember what happened then

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by pw3n@17 February 2003 - 22:20
    start > run > "net send 127.0.0.1 hi"

If that works you have the messenger program installed

We used to use it to send messages at my college across the network using 'net send MAT001 hey stop looking at pr0n' and stuff.. I even wrote a program to spam people with messages for mischief purposes
    if you still have this program pleeeaaase send it to me.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Originally posted by Gambo@17 February 2003 - 20:55
    The only problem with Messenger I found was that when downloading or uploading files on a 56k connection, you would keep getting disconnected. I had to keep stopping uploads or downloads everytime a mate came online. Now I use ICQ, no probs
    You problem is 56k.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Nothing wrong with MSN messenger

Have used it for years and years, user friendly for the family and friends.

Nothing complicated.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    if you still have this program pleeeaaase send it to me.
    hehe I couldn't find it same effect tho by making a .bat file with the net send line in tons of times.. all my program did was have a target box, number to send, message, then used a rich text box to copy ("net send" & target box & message) as many times as they asked.. save the file as a .bat file.. run it.. and delete it

I havent tried it over the net using an IP adress tho, I guess the people who sent you pop-ups just use a program to make 4 random numbers for an IP adress and send over and over.. that could be fun to write but i'd probably get in trouble

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast