Thread: Why Does It Only Download Small Bits

ive been trying to download part II of The Hulk and its takin like forever... the main problem is, its looking for users who are sharing the file, but when it finally finds a (few) user(s) it only dloads a small piece of the file (between 200kb and 9MB), but as soon as thats done, it has to look for the user(s) again...

im asking this, coz sometimes it finds a good user (10 kbps or higher) and i wanna stick with this user, but once it has dloaded that small piece, it tries to reconnect to that same user, but most of the times it cant and starts lookin again, and again, and again...

so what can i do to prevent this, can i increase the size of the pieces somehow, can i select the user and tell K++ to stick with this user... if not, then this might be a nice feature to add to future patches...

ps. im sure this has been asked b4, but couldnt find anything on the subject with the search option... so im sorry for my n00bness...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    If you want to download movies dont waste your time with kazaa try
    bittorent http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showforum=59 far better.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    well tnx for your advice, but that wasnt my question ...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    There is nothing that can be done to
    (...)stick with this user(...)
    If a user goes offline you would have to go to his house and tell him to go back online

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    no they didnt went offline, the little piece it was dloading was just finished dloading, but kazaa was too slow to start dloading a new piece and someone else already started to dload from this user... i kno this way it sorta shares the upload bandwidth with everyone more equaly, but its rather anoying with huge (video)files to see the speed drop from 50 to 5 or some... 60 more hours to dload part I, humpfff ...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    That's how the FastTrack Network is. It downloads bits from each user. I think this is better.

If you don't like it, you can find a network that downloads only from one user.

But it must be a bitch when that person gets offline. Now your going to have to wait untill they get back on.

With FTNetwork, if one person gets offline, you still got other users to download from.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Jay Field@21 December 2003 - 02:16
    ive been trying to download part II of The Hulk and its takin like forever... the main problem is, its looking for users who are sharing the file, but when it finally finds a (few) user(s) it only dloads a small piece of the file (between 200kb and 9MB), but as soon as thats done, it has to look for the user(s) again...

im asking this, coz sometimes it finds a good user (10 kbps or higher) and i wanna stick with this user, but once it has dloaded that small piece, it tries to reconnect to that same user, but most of the times it cant and starts lookin again, and again, and again...

so what can i do to prevent this, can i increase the size of the pieces somehow, can i select the user and tell K++ to stick with this user... if not, then this might be a nice feature to add to future patches...

ps. im sure this has been asked b4, but couldnt find anything on the subject with the search option... so im sorry for my n00bness...
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

now in your case if would try our request section and that way you should get a good source and if that member is very nice and can, they would probebly open more bandwidth for you also

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    finaly someone who understands my question and answers it, tho i dont completely understand your answer musleman, coz i dono how to do all that... the lowered upload speed i kno, but the rest im totally clueless about... dont bother to answer tho, i'll figure it out and if not, i'll ask again... for the moment ive concluded that k++ isnt the best place to get movies, at least not the quality files (800MB for 1 part :helpsmile: )...

one question still hasnt been answered tho, why does it dload such small pieces... i mean sometimes im dloadin from someone with say 20kbs upload, now if it would just dload all it can dload from this user untill maybe the user goes offline then a 800MB file would be done in a bout 4 hours... but now it only dloads a small portion of this user and then starts lookin for the user again, if someone else skipped in line and got to the user b4 i did, then ive just lost a good source... but why? wouldnt it be better to just find a source, start dloadin from it, untill the source goes offline, while in the mean time it keeps lookin for more sources... i have a 2 MegaBit dload connection, but i hardly ever reach more than 80kbs ...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by Jay Field@31 December 2003 - 07:33
    finaly someone who understands my question and answers it, tho i dont completely understand your answer musleman, coz i dono how to do all that... the lowered upload speed i kno, but the rest im totally clueless about... dont bother to answer tho, i'll figure it out and if not, i'll ask again... for the moment ive concluded that k++ isnt the best place to get movies, at least not the quality files (800MB for 1 part :helpsmile: )...

one question still hasnt been answered tho, why does it dload such small pieces... i mean sometimes im dloadin from someone with say 20kbs upload, now if it would just dload all it can dload from this user untill maybe the user goes offline then a 800MB file would be done in a bout 4 hours... but now it only dloads a small portion of this user and then starts lookin for the user again, if someone else skipped in line and got to the user b4 i did, then ive just lost a good source... but why? wouldnt it be better to just find a source, start dloadin from it, untill the source goes offline, while in the mean time it keeps lookin for more sources... i have a 2 MegaBit dload connection, but i hardly ever reach more than 80kbs ...
    Mate kazza is crap for downloading movies why persist when there are better alternatives?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    name a few?