Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I Kill Myself?

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    During busy periods, that can bring the server to its knees, resulting in downtime. However with the dedicated servers that we have, we can get away with it in quiet periods. So the admins will be happy to change names - but would much prefer if you asked at a time when the board is quiet.

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Knowledge is Power

3. Lounge   -   #23
    internet.news
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer@21 December 2003 - 08:21
    i will be moving to a new location soon, which means a different computer, with a completely different netblock. which means i could, if i wanted to, create another account and kill this one. i have always been a "one account" type person, i never considered doing otherwise until now. however, there are two small reasons it might be appropriate to consider creating another username, and killing this one:

1.i'm sick of the name "mediaslayer" that is not my name on irc, soulseek, or anywhere else. when i first joined i had a problem with kazaa, so i just made up a dumb name in order to post. now i'm sick of it, i even loathe it.
    2.my personality on this board has changed alot, and i think it is possible a new identity would be in order.

in this thread, j'pol seems to be endorsing multiple accounts, and probably enjoying the confusion that it causes. but what do you think? furious four members, now is your chance to slam me, for considering doing that very thing that started that ruckus. so tell me, should i cave in to social pressure or not? is it wrong to be curious about such a dastardly thing?
    Let me say something:

For me your name is not important, just your character

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by internet.news@21 December 2003 - 13:12
    Let me say something:

For me your name is not important, just your character
    Yes, and over time you begin to associate a person's character with their name. After a while, it helps you to understand the tone and nature of the messages posted by that person. Why take the time to esablish your credibility, only to wipe it out completely? The only reason I can think of is if you like to say things that piss people off like Octopussy, or else you have a split personality disorder. I think some people do it just to draw attention to themselves.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    BANNED
    don't kill yourself only i can do that!!!!!!

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Considering your reputation and records here so far, and seeing as you only want to get rid of the username and not the whole account, my advice would be just PM the team about changing it.

But on a similar note, multiple accounts can be fun

7. Lounge   -   #27
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    off topic: i checked into that deus game a little, and it looks good so far, except they only deliver it to eu countries.

but there's alway ebay

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Yang
    Originally posted by Illuminati@21 December 2003 - 22:31
    Damn right, Ill baby!

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Yang+21 December 2003 - 23:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Yang @ 21 December 2003 - 23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Illuminati@21 December 2003 - 22:31
    Damn right, Ill baby&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Shut it Yang and get back in my head

off topic: i checked into that deus game a little, and it looks good so far, except they only deliver it to eu countries.

but there&#39;s alway ebay
    There&#39;s also P2P

But seriously - You could try amazon.com. No chance in hell of getting it before christmas, but it is worth it.

Even better in that you don&#39;t need a top-end PC for it - AFAIK, just a PIII or around for good graphics and decent speed

10. Lounge   -   #30
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    not to further the spam, but will i have to run it in windows 98 compatibility mode? cuz i didn&#39;t see xp listed under "platform"s on the amazon link.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast