Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Really Caught Saddam?

"Kurdish special forces, not US troops were the first to corner Saddam Hussein in last weekend's operation that siezed the former Iraqi leader near his home town of Tikrit, writes David Pratt.
    The unit of Peshmerga fighters, part of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) working on thier own key intelligence, sealed off the area around the al-Dawr farmhouse long before the arrival of US forces, insists its leader Qusrat Rasul Ali"

Source: Sunday Herald, 21st December 2003

a matter of the americans claiming credit for others work?
    surely not...?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Poster
    But it was all coordinated by the brits of course. Every part of it. You know those kashmirgas and Peshmerga can&#39;t do a damn thing without you.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    When watching the first news reports on BBC last Sunday, I was aware within seconds that Kurdish fighters supplied the information leading to Saddam&#39;s arrest.

To be honest, I&#39;ve been wondering about it all week.

How long did they know? Why didn&#39;t they take him themselves?

What bargain did they strike for this information? Or did they hand him over on a gleeful whim?

Considering what he did to the Kurds, it must have been very difficult for them not to simply take him away and torture him for a couple of months.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    bush&#39;s approval rating in public opinion polls actually went up after saddam hussein was captured. my first thought was "sheesh, it&#39;s not as if bush went out and personally caught saddam, himself&#33;"

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@21 December 2003 - 11:31
    bush&#39;s approval rating in public opinion polls actually went up after saddam hussein was captured.&nbsp; my first thought was "sheesh, it&#39;s not as if bush went out and personally caught saddam, himself&#33;"&nbsp;
    He went undercover B)

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    FatBastard
    Originally posted by balamm@21 December 2003 - 20:13
    But it was all coordinated by the brits of course. Every part of it. You know those kashmirgas and Peshmerga can&#39;t do a damn thing without you.
    Another anti-British post? Getting to be quite a habit, eh?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    It&#39;s hard to believe that if the kurds caught him they wouldn&#39;t execute him on the spot for the chemical attack that killed all those kurds in the 80&#39;s and various other brutal acts. I&#39;m thinking someones trying to stake a claim on the 35 million dollar reward money.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Originally posted by RAM%ROD@22 December 2003 - 23:03
    It&#39;s hard to believe that if the kurds caught him they wouldn&#39;t execute him on the spot for the chemical attack that killed all those kurds in the 80&#39;s and various other brutal acts. I&#39;m thinking someones trying to stake a claim on the 35 million dollar reward money.
    and i&#39;m thinking that someone (i.e. america) is trying to falsely claim the credit

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster
    I mean this as no offence to anyone who has posted here.

The intricacies and Machiavellian machinations of international diplomacy are of little interest to me.

The murdering bastard has been caught. That satisfies me.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@22 December 2003 - 23:10
    The murdering bastard has been caught. That satisfies me.
    of course, that&#39;s the main thing...

i merely posted this due to the fact that i found the american proclamation of "we got him"&#33; to be incorrect

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast