Thread: Dvd On Hard Drive

Poster
    hi,

My DVD player makes one heck of a noise when I play DVD's from my computer. Is there a piece of software out there that will let me copy the DVD to my hard drive, and play it back succesfully. I found out that just plainly copying it to my hard drive resulted in awful defects in the quality. How do I convert it to a big long avi file for instance??
    The DVD which I copied will only be there temporarily of course since it's so big and I don't have a DVD writer.

Thanks for any advice

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    whoa, thanks, but uh, i&#39;m a little confused, which programme would be useful???

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Use Dvddecrypter to rip to your hard drive and then use xmpeg to convert to avi.
    Robert00000

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Scattershot@21 December 2003 - 10:32
    hi,

My DVD player makes one heck of a noise when I play DVD&#39;s from my computer. Is there a piece of software out there that will let me copy the DVD to my hard drive, and play it back succesfully. I found out that just plainly copying it to my hard drive resulted in awful defects in the quality. How do I convert it to a big long avi file for instance??
    The DVD which I copied will only be there temporarily of course since it&#39;s so big and I don&#39;t have a DVD writer.

Thanks for any advice
    Yes - a quick way is to use SmartRipper to rip the dvd to your hard disk.

Then use VideoLan to watch it.

This way you lose NO quality, and you do not need to convert (which takes time) to a different format.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    o and btw, dvds take up alot of room 4gb+

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    convert to vcd its quicker, although you will lose on quality.
    Robert00000