Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bittorrent Spyware

I use avant browser for anti-pop-up-ness.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    muchspl2
    what do you mean spin off, every client is a spin off of the original.
    shad0ws and clients based on shad0ws core seem to be the fastest, but you can use whatever you like, just if you download the one pertaining to THIS THREAD you will get a bonus of spy ware.
    This thread shouldn't be about witch client is better or worst, RN was just trying to help us, a psa if you will.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    What client is that, iv never even used it.
    ABC all the way.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    oke... I installed it :'(, now I deinstelled it, but how do i get rid op the spyware?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Greywolf@23 December 2003 - 00:05
    oke... I installed it :'(, now I deinstelled it, but how do i get rid op the spyware?
    search for a program called spybot search and destroy

that should help u

or ad ware 6 is usefull

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    hey guys,i downloaded shadows but it simply won't install in my PC,says its corrupt or somethin'.tried it for 6 times already but to no avail.i'm usin' ABC now but i'm curious bout the vouched speed of shadows,btw i d/l the shadows in degreez so i don't think theres a prob with it.help!and speaking of spybot,i also have a problem with it,i d/l from downloads.com,installed it but whenever i open it a dialog box appears with a legal notification then when i click OK(only button),a very fast window of i suppose spybot appears then dissappears just as fast.cant use it.i have ad-aware and its fine.whats the deal with spybot?

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    corrupt downloads?

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Originally posted by geishaslutph@2 January 2004 - 20:24
    hey guys,i downloaded shadows but it simply won't install in my PC,says its corrupt or somethin'.tried it for 6 times already but to no avail.i'm usin' ABC now but i'm curious bout the vouched speed of shadows,btw i d/l the shadows in degreez so i don't think theres a prob with it.help!and speaking of spybot,i also have a problem with it,i d/l from downloads.com,installed it but whenever i open it a dialog box appears with a legal notification then when i click OK(only button),a very fast window of i suppose spybot appears then dissappears just as fast.cant use it.i have ad-aware and its fine.whats the deal with spybot?
    Sounds to me like there's something messing up your downloads.
    I use Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware combined, plus occasionally I search for some online services that check my system for crap, the Ad-Aware/Spybot combo works wonders but on occasion there will be something so crafty that even these two can't fix it, but I've found 2 services that work well, just do a websearch for "online spyware removal", I tend to forget that I can put stuff in my favorites lately (plus it's already a loooooong list lol) so I use the search myself too, if you find something that kinda looks like "WhiskaSwat", it's a good one but you might be wise to have a pop-up blocker.... while they check yer system you get nailed by waves of pop-ups lol...

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    I used to use theshad0w's client, but I recently switched to Azureus. IT has tons of features and plugin support, only drawback is that its in Java though they seem to have optomized it quite a bit and it runs fine on my computer.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for the heads up RN

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast