Thread: Nasty Website?

I was reading one of my mate's AIM profiles Screenname>Get Info on AIM 5.2, I clicked on a link in her profile that led me to buddypicture.net....

it apparently is some sort of virus or something but I cant track it down. When I tried to sign on today I get a message saying "Your buddylist and buddyicon are not currently availible but they are not lost." I was wondering if anyone knew what the problem was and how to remedy it. Thanks!

Heres a copy:
    (Error)
    Your buddy list and buddy icon are not available currently, but they have not been lost.
    Please try again later.

[OK]

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    apparently it is not caused by that site...
    AIMs servers too be down...so I believe...but ....
    That website was scary. If anyone has a safe browser (I reccommend not using IE go to buddypicture.net, and u'll see what it says about spyware!! eep&#33

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I googled the problem, and I think I came up with a solution its just like RealPhx virus, but the problem is that it is a virus, but i lost my blist i dont know if it is the same.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    yah, its not that bad of a virus, just follow the directions on there page and it removes it..

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    DO NOT follow the directions on their page. it takes off the hting from your profile but installs other spyware. here, use this: http://www.rsaisp.com/software.asp