Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Earthstationv

Poster
    Originally posted by johnboy@26 February 2003 - 00:46
    @Jim F: yes its free. It will have copyrighted files, and to avoid being closed, they'll be doing what Kazaa does which is working till now. In fact they'll even have complete anonymity where no one will know your IP at all. They'll make money with an Ad, not spyware, but just an ad. I don't mind looking at 1 harmless ad in return for direct downloads, do you? And I don't think ES5 is a dirty scoundrel but who knows. I don't have inside information, I'm just a beta tester waiting. BTW screenshots of it can be seen in UTC
    Does Kazaa (Sharman Networks) share files. Sorry I wasn't aware of that. I was under the impression that it was a method of individuals sharing files across the fast track network. Please forgive my ignorance.

Could you possible point me towards the server where the direct downloads are available.

Which particular version of KMD do you use. Personally I prefer K++. In fact isn't this the Kazaa Lite forum. Why are you putting KMD forward as a reasonable analogy. I personally hate it, which is why I took up RN's option. If the original was OK it wouldn't have been hacked. The hacked version certainly wouldn't have become so popular.

If you don't have inside information, how do you know it will be free nd how do you know they will have 1 add.

Thanks, your post has made me even more uncomfortable.

Cheers

JimF

PS advertising the screen shots, why.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    ahhh sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm...tisc tisc
    Well lemme tell you first of all, that I use K++...its da bomb. Secondly, NO kazaa does not have files in its servers...you should know that Kazaa has users that share files ( i forgive you for your ignorance). And the screenshots, well, i'm afraid the don't prove anything; just thought you'd like to see some pictures of some weird program
    Knowing that it has 1 ad is not inside information, that can be found anywhere (es5.com and zeropaid forum). Off course they could be lying but my knowledge of 1 ad is not inside

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    It wasn't sarcasm, I was only replying to what you said in your post.

Your argument was at best specious, I just thought I'd point it out.

Your last post does no more than support my position, the analogy is flawed.

Caveat Emptor

Cheers

JimF

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    well Jim I no longer feel like debating so allow me to end it. I just don't feel like having to clarify things further if others don't understand.
    You may keep your thoughts on ES5 whilst I keep mine, and we continue posting in K-Lite forums. No more argument, no more sarcasm, and we'll just exhaust what was happening here.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Well, I think I read somewhere that ES5 will be out by the end of this month. Well, tommorrow is the last day of this month, so if it is real, then it will be out tommorrow. If its not out tommorrow either I read a rumor of it coming out or its vaporware.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    daniel042
    I would be very suspicios about this new majical p2p es5 thing. I bet it is an RIAA scam to draw users from other popular filesharing programs.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    I really want to try out this Peer to Peer software

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    could be true, even great, maybe wonderful for only three easy payments a year or monthly

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    This looks like an excellent opportunity to announce my own/slightly modified p2p program.
    This is the first screenshot (still not quite ready for prime time though):

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Wow...a picture of the Big Bang on a p2p network. This new fangled internet never ceases to amaze me.

Regarding ES5 it still reeks of scam/setup, but thats just my opinion.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast