Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Copyright

Double Agent
    my advice to u

send a letter to ur isp stating u had nothing to do with this and it was a trojan program on ur computer and now u've fixed it

stop using bt

go to www.anonx.com and subscribe an account

start using bt with anonx on

for more detail look here http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=...view=getnewpost

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by h121589@22 December 2003 - 17:40
    can they acually do anything if they catch me again, or should I say are they likely to do anything?
    yes they can sew u 4 using internet 4 illlegal activity's (kazaa is ok they probaly wont find out that u use kazaa)
    Hahaha, Kazaa is okay? Are you fucking serious?

OH NO! I hope I don't get sewn up too. Sewing jeans is the toughest.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by neevakee@23 December 2003 - 17:14
    yeah you proablly will only get caught once, but now always run peerguardian or at leat put the baad ips into your firewall. Just to give you piece of mind
    Also be carefull because they may also be watching you evencloser now, just dont mess with universals stuff the industry eems to be picky on certain types of movies and that may have been one.

Also it is my one year anniversary yeah
    You think runnign PG will solve Bit torrent problems???

You stil don;t know who your uploadign too

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    does peer gurdian actually help?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by Monkeee@23 December 2003 - 20:09
    does peer gurdian actually help?
    IF you want my honest Opinion

no i think its a heap of shit

it blocks Innocent people most of the time if anything

oh if you worked for the RIAA would you be dumb enough to use the same IP address all the time ???

but this is coming from an Aussie and people say "your an Aussie you don't have to be paranoid unless you live in the US"

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    My ISP is Plus net - they just seemed to be informing me of the letter and breifly highlighted that I was in breech of my contract and asked me to disallow sharing.

I suppose I was more bothered about what universal could do, but if Plus net cannot give them my details what can they do!!??

I was using Zone Alarm - but just the free version , not pro.

The movie was intolerable cruelty

And can you believe it , this was (I think) the very first time I used Bittorrent,

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by h121589@22 December 2003 - 20:40
    can they acually do anything if they catch me again, or should I say are they likely to do anything?
    yes they can sew u 4 using internet 4 illlegal activity's (kazaa is ok they probaly wont find out that u use kazaa)
    I tend to agree with the folks who have said that it is unlikely that lightning will strike twice unless ur not taking the proper precautions.

That said, could someone explain to me why Kazaa is safer than BT? Unless ur running KL++ ur almost naked on Kazaa net. Not only that, but Kazaa is THE primary network that the MPAA and RIAA r targeting. Sure ur chances of getting nabbed r slim on any network, but these guys r doing more fishing on Kazaa than anywhere else, so more of their victims will come from there.

Maybe it's not too late to go to the KL Board section and nominate this post for silliest of the year.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Originally posted by guit_steel+23 December 2003 - 11:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guit_steel @ 23 December 2003 - 11:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-h121589@22 December 2003 - 20:40
    yes they can sew u 4 using internet 4 illlegal activity&#39;s (kazaa is ok they probaly wont find out that u use kazaa)
    I tend to agree with the folks who have said that it is unlikely that lightning will strike twice unless ur not taking the proper precautions.

That said, could someone explain to me why Kazaa is safer than BT? Unless ur running KL++ ur almost naked on Kazaa net. Not only that, but Kazaa is THE primary network that the MPAA and RIAA r targeting. Sure ur chances of getting nabbed r slim on any network, but these guys r doing more fishing on Kazaa than anywhere else, so more of their victims will come from there.

Maybe it&#39;s not too late to go to the KL Board section and nominate this post for silliest of the year. [/b][/quote]
    What are the best precautions I can take, I don&#39;t know all that much about the different firewalls and opening up ports and all that&#33;&#33;

Would it be worth while upgrading to zone alarm pro??

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    I too had an e-mail from the big boys about 2 years ago. It basically said "The games up mutha fucker, we own your ass (er your isp Freeserve) and here&#39;s all the details of what you were downloading. IP address, name of file, my telephone no. etc etc etc. The file I was getting was &#39;Seinfield&#39; and they threatened to close my account immediatley, more a warning than anything. I ignored the mail and continued to download whatever and have never heard from them since
    ABIT NF7s--Athlon 2800--80gbMaxtor--41gbIBM--1024DDRpc3200--PowCol9800XT--Pioneer106DVD/RW--PlextorCD/RW--SonyDVD

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Thanks for all the advice.

I still think I need to get sort of professional fire wall up before I do anything - I&#39;ve been looking at either upgrading to Zone alarm Pro or Norton Internet Security Pro 2004.

Will either of these be any good? Or both -if they would both work at the same time properly???

Would peerguardian work with these - or do I need to bother with this if I have them?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast