Thread: Norton Anivirus And Internet Security

I have norton antivirus and norton internet security installed,but the automatic live update doesn't stay clicked in opyions in either of the programs.I unistalled both several times and reinstalled and at first it stays on but after i reboot it doesn't stay on.Now when i go into options and click it on and click ok it still doesn;t stay on.I tried searching norton but have had no luck.I installed the new live update client they have but still no luck,and i did a virus scan last night but found nothing and today it says that i have not done a full system scan since i installed it.Does anybody know what's going on.The antivirus i bought frrom the store and the subscrition is good till next december.The internet security i got of k lite and it's cracked and works fine.I'm lost on this one.If anybody could help me on this i would apreciate it.Thxs.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    had the same prob a couple of days ago
    if i can find the links i got from symantec,
    i'll be happy to post em
    (but in the end a simple system restore did the trick)
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    sorry, just checked my mail and i deleted em already
    if you got the disc, just do a totally clean install
    (remove all files from HDD, be sure to jot down your subscription 1st,
    then reinstall)
    i had to use restore cause i got an OEM install of norton
    didnt have the option of reinstalling from disc
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Thxs for trying.I figured it out,it needs the task scheduler on and i turned of that service cause i don't schedule any tasks not thinking that that was a scheduled task.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I've always had problems with Norton's software. The anti-virus, to me, just sucks now. It's abtrusive and it makes mistakes and doesn't pick up viruses all the time. AVG free edition has done a much better job. It was soo much better than Norton anti-virus that I had to try 7.0 professional and I never went back. AVG Homepage
    Now, as for Internet security, I wouldn't touch that with a stick. If you're using version 2004, then that may be your problem.I heasrd it has some issues that symantec can't figure out.
    Your computer is better off without symantec software on it. There's better out there.
    -- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.