Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 56kbps, Share Or Not

56kers share or not...

all 56kers is make me have slow downloading from too many ppl, like now i am downloading Sim City 4 Devanice, from 34 ppl 33 ppl i am downloading at .01, i person i am downloading at 10kbps which is fuckin slow as hell.

Need more good sources i say!!! So 56kbps share or not??

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I happen to have a 56k connection, and am also debating on whether or not I should share. I have Sim City 4, but choose to only share certain tv video files. Files only I share. I know this because I am the creator, and have for months now have had zillions of people download them off me. None of these people share, and often have those greedy people who download my entire library message me telling me to get a faster connection. If just one one of the zillions of people shared, then people could download off them with a faster connection, and even continue downloading when I'm offline.

You ask for better faster sources, well there is the only answer. I have never downloaded at 10kbpb, and I say that damn good considering that I'm greatful for 2kbps.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    lol buy DSL. 30 dollars for 768kbps from SBC Yahoo.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Depends on the user. I say not as it will eat up their bandwidth. If they're not surfing the web or not Dl'ing, then share but only have 1 upload slot. @Monkey: Those users can have a higher connection but someone else in downloading from the same user(s) you are can be hogging most of the bandwitdh.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Originally posted by Monkey@18 February 2003 - 21:23
    lol buy DSL. 30 dollars for 768kbps from SBC Yahoo.
    I would gladly pay for DSL if it were offered, unfortunately it isn't in my area. I still share anyway, mosly like right now, my computer is on at home, while I'm here at work.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Have you tried connecting via satellite? Don't know how reliable it is. i.e. Direct TV

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Shinigami@19 February 2003 - 04:11
    Have you tried connecting via satellite? Don't know how reliable it is. i.e. Direct TV
    I tried direcPC, It was terrible. I had better reliability with my modem. I still had to upload with my modem, otherwise i had to pay a hellalot more. I think they went out of business last time i heard.

As for 56kers, I say share. Thats why we have multipart downloading. You only help it. Ive gotten files from people that were only 56kers. got about 1k from each of em, that downloaded a file at 20k. I went out for the day, and it was finished. Its better than having nothing.

For the guys who complain about you havin a 56k modem, tell em to thank there daddy for payin for all this. I remember dlin off my 14.4 modem. Back then it took me forever to get even 100megs. I had a 1.2 gig hd, and i wasn't complainin.

Damn kids.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    LOL, (Us) Kids nowadays If your on 56K and ready to DL a big file, prepare for a full day's work ahead of you because there's really nothing else to day except wait but why wait when you can get off that lazy, obese arse and run or something

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BIG RESPECT to you 56kers

I download a film once on dial up and it took me a week 24/7, my electric bill was massive, would of been

cheaper to wait for it on DVD or Cinema.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by Chilly@18 February 2003 - 19:47
    BIG RESPECT to you 56kers

I download a film once on dial up and it took me a week 24/7, my electric bill was massive, would of been

cheaper to wait for it on DVD or Cinema.
    VEERY VERY TRUE!! Especially to the ones that share... I give y'all props

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast