Thread: Where To Search

I'm just looking for a good search engine to find new TV eps like Friends, Angel. I've tryed the usual (IRCSpy, PacketNews, XDCC Search, XDCC Spy etc)
    but they still come out short to suprnova at least with Friends 10x09.
    I know it's only a matter of hours but still... and I always toughed irc would get them faster

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    IRC does get them faster, however (and this is MY OBSERVATION) some channels choose not to have listings on the search engines, it cuts traffic to people that might spend time in the channel and become part of the community that has formed there.

my advise, do a "/list *tv*" when you log to a server and check the channels out.

and then if permitted ask in channel about eps. you cant find there, someone should have an idea of where to look, but as said make sure it is permitted to ask such questions in channel, some places frown upon such solicitations in channel (yes, speaking from experience, *RANT* read the rules of the channel */RANT*

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    yes, and also IRCSPY packetnews etc don't automatically, immediately update on the newest stuff on the chans, they scan them every now and then, so it's possible for a a chan to have something for hours and it still wouldn't show on ircspy

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Ok :beerchug:

So could some recommend a good TV ep chan.

And now for the dumb question how do you search and then download a file from the chan, I mean how do you get the correct "/ctcp |wRu|gamma180 xdcc send #20" or what ever it might be

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    well getting the trigger is the tricky part, you could sit in channel and look at each bot as it lists its ad, providing the channel permits ads. #cartoon_palace on irc.cybertonium.net for example is a silent ad only channel, i suggest getting sysreset its a mirc server script, but it has an ad logger, you activate the logger go into the channel and type "!list" to display the ads and it logs them for you. now this will vary from channel to channel so tread carefully and read as much info as you can find on the channel and what its rules of conduct are